Window phone 8.1 completed testing for bugs and glitches

Collins_sang

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
WP8.1 sw is finished for the Lumia phones that started shipping a couple weeks ago.. and we're testing the update code now. Fixes ongoing. #Joe Belfiore

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It will most likely be updated again.

The version of WP8.1 on it is most likely corresponding to the earliest version of the 8.1 DP.
Wait, a phone that is available for purchase is running a preview version of an OS? Wouldn't it then have to deal with carriers and whatnot for these updates?

JohnStrk

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
They are still testing and fixing code? What the hell have they been doing the last 6 months? Certainly not perfecting Xbox Music.

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
They'll be testing and fixing code until the end of support, just as they've done with every product for decades. That's how software development works.

airjeff

May 22, 2013
Visit site
What he is saying is that 8.1 for the released devices(like the 630) is ready. They are testing and fixing any issues they find on other phones and the 8.1 upgrade process in general.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Looks like people completely misunderstood the thing.
1. The software on Lumia 630/630 is FINISHED (it has the FINAL version of the 8.1, not sure about Cyan). MS was working on the WP 8 code to change in order to bring the improvements, new features, fixes etc, and the OS became 8.1. So the 8.1 is PRELOADED.
2. Because the 8.1 CANNOT be preloaded on existing WP devices, they are working on an UPDATE code, which, once downloaded, is changing the system to be the same as the one PRELOADED on Lumia 630/635/930.

I'm pretty sure that 630/635/930 will NOT get any 'fixed and improvements' for their OS, as the existing WP devices do. Of course, after the 8.1 reaches Final version for ALL devices, there will be more updates.

Georgi Ivanov3

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
According to Dave Dustin - SQLServer DBA/Developer / User Group Leader / Microsoft MVP - "@WithinRafael it means gold is signed off, they're working on day0 patch file... OTA updates start later this month."

Dave Dustin ‏@venzann 15h
@WithinRafael 630s in some countries are shipping with 8.1 Gold. rest of world won't get until update is ready. then 630s will get updated.

He mentioned that the software that 630 has currently is named Gold and will be in use until Cyan is released later this month. So, I suppose we are waiting for lots of new stuff and finally Cyan for all WP devices..

RudraPratap Singh

May 21, 2014
Visit site
If fixes are ongoing and they are still testing then what about the Lumia 630 that is already shipped and in stores?
The same process will be applicable as used by Android. As Android used to update the OS from like 4.2 to 4.4 either through data plan or through WiFi. In the similar way, Windows will to identify the bug get it corrected and then will make it available for all Windows phones as a system update.

Ickis99

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
About Windows Phone 8.1 being completed. I?m interested to know which build is actually the final/RTM/Not-Developer-Preview-Anymore Version of WP8.1. Some co-workers and i are arguing if i?m using the final version or only a Beta/Dev-Preview.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos