XBox Music Update 6.10.2014

enahs555

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yo.
With the newest XBox Music update, it is indeed working faster for me. However, I do not want my XBox music tile transparent! I have a nice pretty little pattern of transparent and non transparent. But I can not find anywhere to turn the transparent tile off?!

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have 60GB on 128 SD was working fine until this update that totally wrecked my song lists. Some of the pre existing lists showed 0 songs. Then it re-discovered all my lists and put (2) at the end of the playlist name. The Music Hub Tile works fine, all lists are as they should be. Can't rename lists as far as I know. I don't do are want cloud music. With much trial and error my procedure is to copy all songs to SD manually using card reader on my MS Surface. I then use the WP8 app to add the song lists. They all looked good until this update. Probably can start over if I want to use the new app :( or unpin and just use the old app. If there was an alternative app to play local music and I could uninstall Xbox I would. I don't really care much for Apple but if they had a I tunes for WP8, I would give it a try.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
It wouldn't launch after I updated and kept crashing. I restarted my phone and just let it sit there for almost five minutes before it finally opened. I can't wait for One Music to hit the store. This is the one thing for me that Windows Phone totally fails at. Playing music that resides on your phone. I haven't been able to find anything decent. One Music looks like it may be what I've been waiting for.

Williaml99

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't have start over. I just deleted the goofed playlists on the phone and added them again with the
WP8 app on the surface. I appreciate the comment from badcat on playing music that is on the phone. I have been doing this since very early versions of windows mobile. I am old. I am very impressed with what Apple, Android and Microsoft has done with phones. I just can't believe how badly this app has failed. I guess we should be glad they have committed to fix it. My phone is Nokia 822. I think those of us who mainly want play local music instead of cloud are in the minority. There is people who will want to play large collections that don't always have access to the web and don't want to pay for cloud storage. Best wishes.
Bill

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes