Nokia Lumia 1020 Keeps Rebooting

Richard Parsons

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 1020 randomly/chronically reboots.

Running OS 8.10.12397.895

I tried narrowing it down to certain actions, but even if I leave it alone for a few hours, it will reboot on it's on.

I almost always leave location services turned off.

Wi-Fi sense is off as well.

I have performed a few soft resets as well.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks

jojoe42

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
My Nokia Lumia 1020 randomly/chronically reboots.

Running OS 8.10.12397.895

I tried narrowing it down to certain actions, but even if I leave it alone for a few hours, it will reboot on it's on.

I almost always leave location services turned off.

Wi-Fi sense is off as well.

I have performed a few soft resets as well.

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks
f
I get this too, just on a less regular basis. My bet is that if you've already tried a soft reset it's a bug in the OS, and will most likely be resolved when the Nokia Cyan firmware update comes out to optimise the phone for WP8.1 (supposedly later on in the month). You have to remember you signed up to the beta developer preview program and that you have to accept a few bugs like these.

Richard Parsons

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
f
I get this too, just on a less regular basis. My bet is that if you've already tried a soft reset it's a bug in the OS, and will most likely be resolved when the Nokia Cyan firmware update comes out to optimise the phone for WP8.1 (supposedly later on in the month). You have to remember you signed up to the beta developer preview program and that you have to accept a few bugs like these.

Absolutely understood. i can live with it, just had been wondering if there was something i had missed.

Thanks!

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're on the latest version of WP 8.1 Dev Preview & haven't already ...

I recommend a thorough backup, then Hard reset (knowing it will delete everything on your phone). Backup your songs, photos, videos, docs, etc separately (or move them to an sdcard, don't know if the 1020 has card support) - the next step w/b to restore the apps individually (instead of restoring from the backup). If you're on a device w an sdcard move all the apps you can to the card, remove card before everything & try the phone w/o it. Then put the card back in (apps, photos, etc will re-index).

Understand that certain apps (a lot of them) require location ON to operate - perhaps one of the apps is pitching a fit w/o location.

anon(4608)

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
If you're on the latest version of WP 8.1 Dev Preview & haven't already ...

I recommend a thorough backup, then Hard reset (knowing it will delete everything on your phone). Backup your songs, photos, videos, docs, etc separately (or move them to an sdcard, don't know if the 1020 has card support) - the next step w/b to restore the apps individually (instead of restoring from the backup). If you're on a device w an sdcard move all the apps you can to the card, remove card before everything & try the phone w/o it. Then put the card back in (apps, photos, etc will re-index).

Understand that certain apps (a lot of them) require location ON to operate - perhaps one of the apps is pitching a fit w/o location.

I've tried this multiple times. I even downgraded to 8.0, upgraded to latest DP version again, did a hard reset and still the same issue. This is definitely tied to not having the Cyan firmware. It's a waiting game...

David Guzman3

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I've gotten my second Lumia and same as the first it kept rebooting. I saw in one blog about a theory so I tried it. I deleted all the "Here" apps and it hasn't done a random restart. Mine was restarting every 2 hours and it hasn't restarted all day since. I experimented by playing a song by my music store and putting it on pause. In the morning it was still on pause. I never uses the Here maps or navigation anyway. Hope this helps.

Richard Parsons

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
I've tried this multiple times. I even downgraded to 8.0, upgraded to latest DP version again, did a hard reset and still the same issue. This is definitely tied to not having the Cyan firmware. It's a waiting game...

I just downloaded the latest 8.1 update, and i have not experienced any resetting yet. I didn't do a hard reset at all. Looks like the newer update (8.10.14147.180)

Hope this is the resolution for others, as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa