Hi,
    due to ongoing problems with XBM plus one of my email addresses not working I decided for a hard reset of my lumia.
    I saved everything into the cloud, did the hard reset and now there is:
    no apps incl. no Nokia MixRadio, no Here Maps. Obviously my apps were completely ignored and I got bloatware like "The World of Red Bull"
    no fotos.
    no start screen.
    no email accounts.
    no short messages.
    WHERE IS IT?
    (The only thing to have synced are the contacts and the calendar)
    06-19-2014 10:28 AM
    When you say you saved everything to the cloud, you mean you used the backup system on WP8.1?

Did you try to restore by 3G?

For you to restore everything as before you need to use the same account you used before.

To see if you have any backups you can goto - Setttings -> Backup -> Manage backups
    06-19-2014 10:38 AM
    Hi,
    due to ongoing problems with XBM plus one of my email addresses not working I decided for a hard reset of my lumia.
    I saved everything into the cloud, did the hard reset and now there is:
    no apps incl. no Nokia MixRadio, no Here Maps. Obviously my apps were completely ignored and I got bloatware like "The World of Red Bull"
    no fotos.
    no start screen.
    no email accounts.
    no short messages.
    WHERE IS IT?
    (The only thing to have synced are the contacts and the calendar)
    Hard reset? Did you simply hardreset or did you downgrade to 8.0?
    If it was just a hard reset, selecting a backup should have restored everything. The bloatware already exists on the ROM btw
    06-19-2014 10:40 AM
    Yes, I did use W8.1's back up system, then I restored using wlan and the same account.
    Under settings / backup I can now see that that backup for apps and settings is switched on while sms and foto backup is switched off. (I had it switched on though.) No information on existing backups is visible. (But there must have been one as my contacts had been restored.) OneDrive on my PC shows me yesterday's backup...
    06-19-2014 10:46 AM
    Yes, I did use W8.1's back up system, then I restored using wlan and the same account.
    Under settings / backup I can now see that that backup for apps and settings is switched on while sms and foto backup is switched off. (I had it switched on though.) No information on existing backups is visible. (But there must have been one as my contacts had been restored.) OneDrive on my PC shows me yesterday's backup...
    Same Os or did you downgrade?
    Your best option is to hard reset and then try to restore again
    06-19-2014 11:30 AM
    Same OS, at least it does say Windows Phone 8.1 in System / Info
    Hardreset again... hm, okay let's give it a try
    06-19-2014 11:39 AM
    I hard reset my phone yesterday. And now it won't show my purchased apps. I think something is wrong with the store. Had to restore my apps from the windows phone website.
    06-19-2014 11:41 AM
    did it restore your startscreen or your photos?
    06-19-2014 11:49 AM
    did it restore your startscreen or your photos?
    06-19-2014 12:02 PM
    btw: during the setup process it also states that my apps will be restored in the background... so they are clearly in the backup
    06-19-2014 12:04 PM
    I've hard reset my phone before. On 8.1. Restore worked fine, even the start screen
    06-19-2014 12:17 PM
    it hasn't worked for the second time. I will have to install everything afresh.
    F*CK F*CK F*CK
    06-19-2014 12:26 PM
    it hasn't worked for the second time. I will have to install everything afresh.
    F*CK F*CK F*CK
    Could you walk us through the steps you've taken? Try to be as thorough as possible. Just making sure this isn't a level 8 issue.
    06-19-2014 01:19 PM
    okay,
    i have backed up the settings etc to the cloud yesterday. Today I went to settings / info / reset device (whatever it is called in English), confirmed twice and then the resetting process started.
    Upon completion the setup proces started. It asked for my sim-PIN, then for the wlan key, then for my ms account details, all of which I entered. Then it told me to wait for a while and it powered up to a fresh startscreen.
    It's like before: the contacts and the calendars are there but that's about it.
    Then it asked for about 20 apps to be updated, in fact most of the standard stuff - e.g. Xbox music or Nokia Mix Radio - interestingly, before the update, I had Nokia Music. But under setting it states Windows Phone 8.1. and Nokia Lumia Black.
    I had (and still have) an issue concerning APN connectivity because I don't know what to enter as I can't locate the information right now. But this should not have anything to do with the resetting process.
    06-19-2014 01:36 PM
    Hold up. There's a step missing there. When you enter in your MS account it should ask you about restoring your backups. Then you pick a backup and it says something to the effect of, this will take a while.
    Nokia Music is easy to explain, its baked into the ROM as Nokia Music and needs to be updated to become MixRadio
    06-19-2014 01:54 PM
    What I don't mind: photos (don't have many), messages (not important), ebay account etc. (anno
    What I do mind: settings for the keyboard, the dictionary app that came with the phone and which is Eur 60 in the store, Here Maps and Drive history,
    06-19-2014 02:02 PM
    What I don't mind: photos (don't have many), messages (not important), ebay account etc. (anno
    What I do mind: settings for the keyboard, the dictionary app that came with the phone and which is Eur 60 in the store, Here Maps and Drive history,
    So this is important. Did you follow the recommended setup pattern and select a back up to be restored
    06-19-2014 02:05 PM
    Yes, this wasn't too difficult as the only backup I had was the one from last night...
    06-19-2014 02:09 PM
    Yes, this wasn't too difficult as the only backup I had was the one from last night...
    Can't help you buddy. There's something wrong somewhere
    06-19-2014 02:19 PM
    When you enter in your MS account it should ask you about restoring your backups.
    I can't quite remember but, assuming I have been asked, I am sure I have confirmed this step. What else would I do? On the other hand I am still intrigued by the fact that the backup is nowhere to be seen on my phonne but still there on my OneDrive in my browser.
    06-19-2014 02:47 PM
    I can't quite remember but, assuming I have been asked, I am sure I have confirmed this step. What else would I do? On the other hand I am still intrigued by the fact that the backup is nowhere to be seen on my phonne but still there on my OneDrive in my browser.
    It only appears when you first load up the phone. You can restore messages and photos afterwards. But not apps or settings
    06-19-2014 03:05 PM
    ok, so luckily I have gotte nback that dictionary app for free and nokia mixradio seems to have remembered me. One and half day frantic posting and foruming was a high price to pay though. And the keyboard stats are gone.
    The phone wanted to update one time and afterwards provided some horror by the touchscreen not reacting to any movement upon startup, so I had to soft reset it... Afterward the phhone wanted to make me believe it was 22nd April. Not so easy!
    06-20-2014 04:16 AM
    ok, so luckily I have gotte nback that dictionary app for free and nokia mixradio seems to have remembered me. One and half day frantic posting and foruming was a high price to pay though. And the keyboard stats are gone.
    The phone wanted to update one time and afterwards provided some horror by the touchscreen not reacting to any movement upon startup, so I had to soft reset it... Afterward the phhone wanted to make me believe it was 22nd April. Not so easy!
    Yeah any apps that you have are yours to keep forever. Second if the phone soft resets then you have to set the correct date otherwise it resets back to the day the current build of the OS you're running was made. Speaking of which, it seems you're behind in updates otherwise it'd set the time to May.
    06-20-2014 07:50 AM