After soft reset, phone stuck in "Scanning" SD Card on Lumia 521

dxmemxpac

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I was having an issue with HERE Drive + so I did a soft reset to my Lumia 521. Right after I did that, all the apps installed on my SD card are shown as being "unavailable" and when I check the SD card in settings it says "Scanning" - what happened here? Any fix? Doesn't seem to be installing any apps.

Paul May

Lumia 950 & Surface Pro Champion
Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Try putting the SD card in a computer to see if you can view the files. I have a feeling your SD card may have gone bad. Are the maps downloaded on your sd card for Drive+? this may have been the reason you were having issues with the app.

dxmemxpac

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick reply. I cannot test that at the moment but will tonight and will let you know. I doubt the memory card has gone bad unless the soft reset broke the card. Yes, the apps were downloaded to the SD card but I was just using the SD card with no problem for apps, pictures, videos, etc. and did not have any issues with it.

harryaro7

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
This will take something like 5min. to scan n fix...so just wait n there might be some app creating the problem...check the latest app installed...

dxmemxpac

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
I left the phone on and got a prompt to have my SD card scanned and fixed for errors. Will let you know if it is resolved. Thanks, all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes