No update found (12397 to 12400)

Nyancat_64

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
The update was cancelled because of the Bitlocker problem. Some might have gotten it, but most should not have. It will be some time before Microsoft fixes that problem

nokiabolt

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Damn, I was out hiking during this and have not received the update. Wish I was staying at home lol. 4 8.1 Dev Preview phones hungry for new software.

bkeran

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Does this come with the new lockscreen? Or anything new? And people said "it's not cyan, it's just another update" ...what does this mean?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you show me where Microsoft states we must uninstall Dev Preview

This issue is currently being blown entirely out of proportion all over the forums. Likely due to an unfortunate choice of titles for a recent WPC article.

The only situation in which you must downgrade first, is if you enabled BitLocker. WPC wrote about this issue here:

BitLocker and Lumia Cyan causing issues for Windows Phones running Preview for Developers | Windows Phone Central

If you didn't enable BitLocker (which very few have), then all you need to do is wait. You will eventually get Cyan. At the moment, MS is working on a fix to ensure Cyan installs correctly on all developer-preview-enabled devices.

The thing making some freak, is that they don't want to wait for MS to make that fix. Some who have the developer preview and would otherwise have access to Cyan now, well, they want it NOW. For those people, the only option is to downgrade to a commercially available version of WP. WPC wrote about this here:

Microsoft: Windows Phone 8.1 Preview for Developer users should return to normal software before Lumia Cyan | Windows Phone Central

Last edited:

slyronit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Developer preview was just temporarily paused. No need to downgrade for such a small issue.

Cyan rollout (for 8.1 DP only) was also paused temporarily, but should be re-enabled again soon.

rysliv

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I installed 12400 on my HTC 8x, seems to work fine. Of course this was before the update was halted. I just hope I don't have to downgrade to continue receiving updates. Unfortunately, there is no real way to restore an HTC phone like Nokia phones can with the Software Recovery Tool.

Compiux

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Well, I installed that update (guess I was "lucky") and have yet to notice any difference. I do hope no downgrade is needed :(

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Well, I installed that update (guess I was "lucky") and have yet to notice any difference. I do hope no downgrade is needed :(

No downgrade is needed. Only those having bitlocker issue will have to downgrade if they want to get Cyan before MS provides a fix for the issue. If they patiently wait for thr fix, then just need to update the firmware being on DP. Simple!

BIG ACH

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
The update was live for every one before Microsoft pulled it - some of us were lucky (I guess?) to have been able to download it before it was taken down. I downloaded it. Haven't really noticed any differences though?

pinto123

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Still no Luck, i have DP 8.1.12397, waiting waiting...!!! I think all dvlopers in MSFT are busy saving their Jobs!!! LOL...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes