Surface Duo is on salefor over 50% off!

Hi,

Is there an app in the WP store that allows you search by image. Like for eg. if I take a pic of Dennis The Menace and would like to know where it came from, would I be able to do an image Match against Bing/Google database?

Thanks!
    techavengers likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:31 AM
    Hi,

Is there an app in the WP store that allows you search by image. Like for eg. if I take a pic of Dennis The Menace and would like to know where it came from, would I be able to do an image Match against Bing/Google database?

Thanks!
    There is a search engine where you can upload an image and it will search for matches. TinEye Reverse Image Search I could not find a WP app for it, but they do offer an API if you want to build one for us. :D
    techavengers, hs k, VS729 and 1 others like this.
    07-21-2014 06:27 AM
    If I could I would 😁 but you see I have no experience in building apps for any platform. So in a sense I wouldn't know how to implement any of the required APIs.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    07-21-2014 09:22 AM
    There is a search engine where you can upload an image and it will search for matches. TinEye Reverse Image Search I could not find a WP app for it, but they do offer an API if you want to build one for us. :D
    plz spread the word! :)
    techavengers likes this.
    07-21-2014 09:33 AM
    It would be great if IE in WP can do image search as Chrome in Android.

This is one of thing that WP is still missing.
    techavengers likes this.
    07-21-2014 09:41 AM
    It does through tineye.com
    D M C likes this.
    07-22-2014 04:53 AM
    It does through tineye.com
    Thanks!
    It isn't as as good as Chrome
    But
    It do the work
    07-22-2014 08:49 AM
    Thank nerdy woman up there, lol. She got the link.
    07-22-2014 10:55 AM
    And now finally there is an app which does just that in the Windows Phone Store
    It's simply called:

Reverse Image Search
    It's powered by Google, Bing, TinEye and Yandex
    (you can search for it on the store)

It's a new app which we just released. Please feel free to try it out. Sorry but could not post a link because of new user restrictions.
    Last edited by techavengers; 10-20-2014 at 01:51 AM. Reason: corrections made
    D M C likes this.
    10-20-2014 01:45 AM
    I hope the people who were looking for an Image Match App now know about the new App - Reverse Image Search for Windows Phone
    10-22-2014 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD