With 8.1 GDR1, do we need new drivers again for aptX and Quick Charge 2.0?

Bugrahan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Actually, the question is in the title.

I am currently running 8.1+Cyan on my 1520 and eager to try out GDR1 as soon as it is out. My major concern is that it may mess up with the Cyan-specific driver updates for the phone so I may lose some functionality. OR that may not happen but we may need new drivers (post-Cyan) to use aptX, Quick Charge 2.0 support, etc.

The good thing is WP8.1 supports near-seamless backup to the cloud, so I may just revert back to 8.1+Cyan if I do not like GDR1.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
even if we need, it is not possible to gain it from update, you will need to buy new phone for it (lumia x30). for aptX, i dont know,, but Quick Charge may apply on most windows phone (battery with 3000mAh above)
I am currently running 8.1+Cyan on my 1520 and eager to try out GDR1 as soon as it is out. My major concern is that it may mess up with the Cyan-specific driver updates for the phone so I may lose some functionality. OR that may not happen but we may need new drivers (post-Cyan) to use aptX, Quick Charge 2.0 support, etc.
windows phone wont mess up your phone, and it wont burn down your phone or malfunction some driver, cyan is an update for driver firmware, your windows phone wont write/edit your driver firmware

The good thing is WP8.1 supports near-seamless backup to the cloud, so I may just revert back to 8.1+Cyan if I do not like GDR1.
windows phone will auto upload everything on your phone (some app data too, please refer to your app developer if they enabled option to upload data to onedrive, or they have built-in onedrive upload/download system)

Bugrahan

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but this is all known info.

even if we need, it is not possible to gain it from update, you will need to buy new phone for it (lumia x30). for aptX, i dont know,, but Quick Charge may apply on most windows phone (battery with 3000mAh above)
Snapdragon 8XX series (so 1520, 930 and Icon as of today) will benefit from Quick Charge 2.0.

windows phone wont mess up your phone, and it wont burn down your phone or malfunction some driver, cyan is an update for driver firmware, your windows phone wont write/edit your driver firmware
This is not true. Remember Nokia Black supported BT4.0 LE, but with 8.1DP installed on top of Black disabled that feature. Nokia provided 8.1+Cyan update re-enabled it.

windows phone will auto upload everything on your phone (some app data too, please refer to your app developer if they enabled option to upload data to onedrive, or they have built-in onedrive upload/download system)
As I have said this is all known info, hence I stated "near-seamless"

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
This is not true. Remember Nokia Black supported BT4.0 LE, but with 8.1DP installed on top of Black disabled that feature. Nokia provided 8.1+Cyan update re-enabled it.

I might be wrong but if I recall correctly that was due to a change in how the OS handled bluetooth not a change to the phone driver. In that case Cyan would be updating the drivers to work with the new method.

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but this is all known info.

Snapdragon 8XX series (so 1520, 930 and Icon as of today) will benefit from Quick Charge 2.0.

As I have said this is all known info, hence I stated "near-seamless"

Maybe due to they separate the Bluetooth from the firmware to the OS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes