Firmware versions for Lumia phones.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

Can someone please shed light on this Firmware version .
What does it stand for?/ how to read it? and same with the Core build id in which the last 4 digits are replaced with 5 digits.

Eg 3051.40000.1345.1006

When Flashing a phone from one region to another we need the product code which is alphanumeric. which when installed shows the above number in the about section in settings same number with last 4 digits replaced with 5 and gets called the core build ID in extras and info section.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Firmwares are manufacturer specific. Your question can only be answered by Nokia (or now Microsoft). Different models of Nokia also has the different firmware version numbers. So, the best way to describe a Nokia phone is using the color code like Black, Cyan. Each color code denotes a specific major firmware release for all phones regardless their individual firmware version numbers.

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi All

Can someone please shed light on this Firmware version .
What does it stand for?/ how to read it? and same with the Core build id in which the last 4 digits are replaced with 5 digits.

Eg 3051.40000.1345.1006

When Flashing a phone from one region to another we need the product code which is alphanumeric. which when installed shows the above number in the about section in settings same number with last 4 digits replaced with 5 and gets called the core build ID in extras and info section.

The last 4/5 digits means usually just different country or operator versions (even there is usually many different country versions under the same last digits, like all North European ones, etc.) ... well, you can find it out easily, if you use NaviFirm to download any firmwares ...

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Firmwares are manufacturer specific. Your question can only be answered by Nokia (or now Microsoft). Different models of Nokia also has the different firmware version numbers. So, the best way to describe a Nokia phone is using the color code like Black, Cyan. Each color code denotes a specific major firmware release for all phones regardless their individual firmware version numbers.

Thank you for your reply Different models sometimes have same numbers. Obviously the rm-abc has a different hardware from rm-XYZ, even then the firmware numbers are same in the models. Like in my case when i was browsing through the nokia website for the roll out I saw my L1020 which has RM-875 was not available/ under testing while the L925 somewhere in Europe which isnt a RM-875 had the same firmware number as mine!! So with different product code and different ROM how is the firmware number the same?
Bit Curious :)

Does it mean that if my 1020 CV is sick I can Flash it with that 925 CV?

The last 4/5 digits means usually just different country or operator versions (even there is usually many different country versions under the same last digits, like all North European ones, etc.) ... well, you can find it out easily, if you use NaviFirm to download any firmwares ...

Please read above and in addition my phone is in the APAC list while the 925 is in the EU list. How does that work?

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Thank you for your reply Different models sometimes have same numbers. Obviously the rm-abc has a different hardware from rm-XYZ, even then the firmware numbers are same in the models. Like in my case when i was browsing through the nokia website for the roll out I saw my L1020 which has RM-875 was not available/ under testing while the L925 somewhere in Europe which isnt a RM-875 had the same firmware number as mine!! So with different product code and different ROM how is the firmware number the same?
Bit Curious :)

Does it mean that if my 1020 CV is sick I can Flash it with that 925 CV?

No, there is typically an internal build process that names firmware versions. That fact that they are occasionally the same version number from different models doesn't mean anything. Flashing a wrong firmware often results in a dead phone.

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
No, there is typically an internal build process that names firmware versions. That fact that they are occasionally the same version number from different models doesn't mean anything. Flashing a wrong firmware often results in a dead phone.

That I was aware of. I wanted to know what changes if the FW number is the same on different RM's

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit