Hi guys,
    I have WP8.1 Preview with Update 1( U1 installed yesterday) and I've been using AccuWeather since I got my Lumia phone.
    Lately, the AccuWeather app shows the wrong location on the LiveTile.
    And it's not a location issue since the location displayed is nowhere near me. Sometimes it's not even on the same continent...
    The lockscreen location is correct.
    If I run the app, the location changes to my default location but shortly after it changes back to another random location. As far as I can see it changes every time the tile is refreshed (30 if I'm not mistaking). It also changes if I am not starting the app but every time is a different location, other then the correct one.
    Any ideas?
    08-05-2014 04:05 PM
    This is because the background agent uses cached locations (Ex, somewhere you may have traveled in the past, or been recently - this is a bug and should show your most recent cached location). When the app is running, it could be an issue with the geocoding server. You can't fix this, It's a bug that you need to complain to AccuWeather about. It could have suddenly began happening for a variety of reasons:
    - Geocoding server errors
    - A botched update
    - Update 1 causing problems with cached locations

Another option: Get a different weather app, like Atmosphere Weather, as I am naturally inclined to reccomend.
    Bogdan Gheorghe likes this.
    08-05-2014 04:10 PM