AccuWeather Live Tile showing wrong location

Bogdan Gheorghe

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I have WP8.1 Preview with Update 1( U1 installed yesterday) and I've been using AccuWeather since I got my Lumia phone.
Lately, the AccuWeather app shows the wrong location on the LiveTile.
And it's not a location issue since the location displayed is nowhere near me. Sometimes it's not even on the same continent...
The lockscreen location is correct.
If I run the app, the location changes to my default location but shortly after it changes back to another random location. As far as I can see it changes every time the tile is refreshed (30 if I'm not mistaking). It also changes if I am not starting the app but every time is a different location, other then the correct one.
Any ideas?

Kevin N Smith

Mar 12, 2013
Visit site
This is because the background agent uses cached locations (Ex, somewhere you may have traveled in the past, or been recently - this is a bug and should show your most recent cached location). When the app is running, it could be an issue with the geocoding server. You can't fix this, It's a bug that you need to complain to AccuWeather about. It could have suddenly began happening for a variety of reasons:
- Geocoding server errors
- A botched update
- Update 1 causing problems with cached locations

Another option: Get a different weather app, like Atmosphere Weather, as I am naturally inclined to reccomend.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3