WhatsApp Does not support - 8.1 - Error

Vyenkatesh

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Hello World !!

I have Lumia 1520.

For weak Wi-Fi and call drop problem after upgrade to 8.1, I have downgraded to 8.0 by using Nokia Recovery Tool and upgraded again to 8.1.
But after that, Whatsapp shows below error in between anytime. I have tried uninstall-Install but of no use.
wp_ss_20140731_0001.jpg

Below is the reply from Whatsapp Support. I have removed support person's name to protect identity.

"
Hi,

Our OS 8.1 version is in the works, but we cannot speak for future timelines or features.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

XXXXXX

WhatsApp Support Team

Interested in translating for us? Please visit WhatsApp Translation

Take a look at our FAQ: WhatsApp :: Faq

For future reference, your ticket ID for this request is: #13613543. To update, simply reply to this email.

This email is a service from WhatsApp Support

Can anybody confirm if this problem is seen?

Regards,
Vyenkatesh

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes, WhatsApp isn't "compatible" with 8.1 and above! But this incompatibility it's only with battery saver and data sense because Microsoft changed them. Nothing to worry about!

P.D: Yes, I'm rocking a Lumia 1520 with Update 1 so I know what I'm saying but I'm not native so I'm not completely sure if what I said is grammatically correct.

trev81uk

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I get an issue where when I have data sense on and am near my limit, even when using WiFi whatsapp brings up an error message about being out of data. Is this linked to the above Whatsapp/data sense comparability issue?

Neyney10

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, try to use higher data storage in your cellular network capacity. when the update for whatsapp first came out, it was the way to solve some of the issues.

Sambo81

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I get the same issue, it is really annoying, all the other apps seem to behave properly in this regard. I hope this is going to be resolved at some point.Quickly would good too. Also, increasing the data limit is not a good solution. I still want the Data Sense app to do its thing and limit data usage given that I am near my 'actual' limit, so increasing it to a fictitious limit just so this issue goes away could potential cost me money if I am out and about a forget to re-adjust it back down again to the actual limit. All in all a bit of a mess really.

Also I don't think it is exclusively a WP8.1 issue as I experienced the same issue in WP8.0.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon