Bing image won't update or change

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have just recently updated to the Lumia Cyan WP 8.1 version for my device (Lumia 925 in China). I usually have enjoyed having my lock screen set to the Bing image of the day, and hence enjoy seeing a lovely new image every day. However, since updating to Cyan, the Bing image appears to be stuck (you know the default astro photo - think it's the Milky Way or something?), and it will not change. If I go into the lock screen settings, I can see a description of the photo for Bing that it is supposed to be, "Agra Fort in Agra Uttar Pradesh, India," but for whatever reason this image will NOT display. I have tried restarting the phone several times, I have tried switching between Bing and other apps to change the lock screen photo (other apps work), but Bing persists on displaying the same image (see screenshot included), and not the current daily image that it should be displaying.

wp_ss_20140816_0001.jpg

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
open your search once. push the search key and wait for the bing image to load. Then lock your phone back and see. I think once done from next time it gets auto updated.

nadroj915

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
open your search once. push the search key and wait for the bing image to load. Then lock your phone back and see. I think once done from next time it gets auto updated.

No, that doesn't work. The Bing image is showing fine when I open search (it appears correctly). I tried what you said, opened search, Bing image was already showing, locked my phone from this screen, unlocked, and nothing changed - the same starry image still displays on the lock screen. Sighhhh!

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem (mine was a mountain) and finally gave up. I never could find a way to fix it. I did read some posts that said waiting several days would fix it, but I wasn't ever that patient.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Bing Image has that problem ever since Windows Phone got the ability to use Bing Image as Lock Screen.... My suggestion is to find a good app that does that - say, Amazing Weather HD...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077