Force Sync PC/WP IE Favorites?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
I enabled syncing my IE Favorites between my 8.1 PC and 8.1 WP. They synced the first time, but haven't caught up with any changes since.

Does anyone know the sync schedule, and/or how to initiate a sync? I disabled then re-enabled sync on my phone with no change.

Thanks!

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Mine just show up pretty much immediately. Typically on the phone, you can force a sync by going to Settings/E-Mail+Accounts and long press Microsoft account and Sync it.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion, but syncing both the PC and phone doesn't update the favorites.

It's supposed to be a two-way sync, right?

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
OneDrive and everything else (mail, OneNote, etc) syncs fine. I even tried deleting the phone backups and creating a new one, since they sometimes mess things up.

If I don't get more suggestions I may backup my favorites, delete them from both devices, and see what happens.

Eric J F

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
It seems to be working now. I deleted all Favorites from the PC, deleted the PC backup on OneDrive, disabled sync on the PC and phone, restarted both, pasted back the Favs on the PC, and re-enabled both syncs. Now it behaves as expected. I just hope it lasts!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss