Couple questions before i dive in...

fuzzyreets

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm getting very impatient waiting for the 8.1 update for my Samsung Ativ S Neo on ATT. Mostly because I almost sure I'm going to get burned by Samsung (again) on not getting an official update for this phone EVEN THOUGH it's not even a year yet. DO YOU HEAR ME SAMSUNG! Anyway...Questions....

1. What are the downsides to using the Developer Preview builds instead of getting the update from the carriers? I DO NOT care about carrier exclusives or anything like that. Any loss in functionality? Driver issues?

2. If Sammy ever actually updates the phone, can I get the "real" update from my carrier after doing this?

3. Will I potentially miss out on a future update of some kind by going this route?

Thank you in advance.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
1. I dont know any downside of DP. Been on this program (or whatever its called) for a long time, and never had any problems
2. You should. But I think its going to be the same what you have on DP
3. You won't

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm getting very impatient waiting for the 8.1 update for my Samsung Ativ S Neo on ATT. Mostly because I almost sure I'm going to get burned by Samsung (again) on not getting an official update for this phone EVEN THOUGH it's not even a year yet. DO YOU HEAR ME SAMSUNG! Anyway...Questions....

1. What are the downsides to using the Developer Preview builds instead of getting the update from the carriers? I DO NOT care about carrier exclusives or anything like that. Any loss in functionality? Driver issues?

2. If Sammy ever actually updates the phone, can I get the "real" update from my carrier after doing this?

3. Will I potentially miss out on a future update of some kind by going this route?

Thank you in advance.

1. I heard the ATIV S Neo had some MMS and camera issues with the program, but it could be for another flavor of it or you could get lucky. Or it could be the exception to the general rule, which I dont know.

2. Yes.

3. Nope, on the contrary, its your best bet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes