Lumia 920 - Storage Check showing Settings app = 12GB space! Help

avazee

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I recently went into the Storage Check settings on my Lumia 920 (running 8.1 Preview + Cyan), and saw that I only had 3GB of space left. Going into the Apps disk space breakdown, at the very bottom, it shows the "Settings" app taking 12 GB of space!

How can that be? is that a bug? How do I 'delete' the space that it is taking up?

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Might be left over files from the updates, hold the Power Button + Volume Down to soft reset your phone, see if that clears it up.

MadSci2

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue for a couple of months on my L1020. Tried everything to no avail. I concluded that the memory table was corrupted and nothing would fix it unless the table was rebuilt. The only way I know to do that is a Hard Reset.
So back everything up, especially any personal data on your phone. Go into Settings and do a manual backup of the things the phone will back up for you.

Then, bite the bullet and Hard Reset. After its done, check the memory, then go looking for any updates, and install them. After each update, check the Storage. When you have it fully updated and the storage allocations look food, go ahead and restore your backup. Then start adding in the stuff that doesn't get backed up automatically.

Its a fair amount of time and effort, but it should give you a fully functional phone that is fully updated too.

Let us know how things turn out for you. Lots of help available here in the forums.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes