Why are App Purchase via AT&T Account giving me issues?

gahbmwm5

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
App Purchase via AT&T Account Gives Issue..

Hello,

Utilizing a Lumia 920 with Developer Preview OS: 8.10.14157.200 & AT&T Cyan firmware: 3051.50009.1425.2001, I'm having a issue with purchasing app (through the Windows Phone Store) with my AT&T account...I have 'Wallet PIN' set up...and my Microsoft account works fine...

I contacted AT&T C.S., to make sure that I did not have any 'Parental Control' service 'Blockers' on my account....which I do not..They stated that all is correct/proper on my account and to possibly contact Microsoft support...

Please see attached 'ss'...I have hard reset the device but no success...Thanks for any help on this issue.

Have tried both via connected to Wi-Fi, and AT&T Data Connection

wp_ss_20140926_0002.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chanh S. replied on September 22, 2014See post history Close

Microsoft Forum Moderator

Hello gahbmwM5,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Support. I understand you're having issues using mobile billing to purchase apps from your Nokia Lumia 920. For this particular issue, it may be account related. As such, we would have to refer you to our Windows Phone Chat Support which is available 24 hours a day for your convenience at http://gethelp.live.com. Before reaching out to chat support, I would recommend also trying to make the purchase using a credit card to see if that works.

Regards,

Chanh S.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks Chanh S. for your prompt reply....Yes purchase works on Microsoft gift certificate....and a CC..

Will contact Windows Phone Chat Support via the above posted link....

Ok just got off a live-chat with Microsoft Windows Phone Support Rep...although she was very kind, we tried to disable------>the use Wallet PIN---->when purchasing apps, music, etc....

Rebooted the device and attempted once to purchase app via AT&T account...unfortunately same exact pop-up as shown above....:(

Will now (just for another trouble-shooting shot-in-the-dark).....completely uninstall Wallet app....however my hopes are fading.....

The Lumia 920 has also been completely 'hard reset' without any backups.....installed all apps/setting from scratch too...

--------------------EDIT-----------------------

I will also re-flash device with AT&T 8.1 Cyan firmware......and then attempt to purchase through AT&T mobile again...I'm pretty sure that I have attempted this...without success...same pic as depicted above..

Will then contact AT&T C.S. again....yikes...:(

If you have any other suggestions...please feel free....thanks kindly..:)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm, utilized the NSRT (Nokia Software Recovery Tool) to flash back to:

Firmware: 3051.50009.1425.2001--->AT&T 8.1 Cyan

Same Result:

Very disappointing...as I also was on the phone to AT&T TechLevel 2 Support, where we re-provisioned the device....He was knowledgeable, and even had a Lumia 920 as his personal phone.....
wp_ss_20140926_0002.png
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks garym123 for the WPCentral link...funny as I have the purchased version of the WPCentral app, and didn't see the link posted up by Daniel R...

I'm on the West coast USA, so will wait a bit, and then report back...Per AT&T Tech Level II support my last purchase was 09/02/2014....successfully done via my AT&T Mobile account...I already knew this as the MyATTApp, gives links to this info...keeping my fingers crossed..

This is when I had Developer Preview 8.1.1 installed (But No AT&T Cyan 8.1 firmware)

No success....unfortunately...same exact pop-up as posted above...yikes...:(
App Purchase via AT&T Account Gives Issue.. - Microsoft Community

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon