Windows 8.1 update (developer preview ) on htc 8s

mankl

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I've got a serious problem with memory space of my htc 8s phone so i would like to update it to windows 8.1 in order to be able to get advantage of micro sd card. The only way to achieve it till now is to update my phone through preview for developers. What are the possible risks that i have to take if i decide to update it? I've heard that there are interesting new features, but some bugs and problems as well, for example in some apps like viber and whatsapp. Is there anybody who knows something about them? I wouldnt like to have an updated phone with many problems... And finally is there any info about official update in htc 8s? thanks:smile:

123gettothechopper

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I've got a serious problem with memory space of my htc 8s phone so i would like to update it to windows 8.1 in order to be able to get advantage of micro sd card. The only way to achieve it till now is to update my phone through preview for developers. What are the possible risks that i have to take if i decide to update it? I've heard that there are interesting new features, but some bugs and problems as well, for example in some apps like viber and whatsapp. Is there anybody who knows something about them? I wouldnt like to have an updated phone with many problems... And finally is there any info about official update in htc 8s? thanks:smile:
1) Risks involved - In particular, there is anything to worry about. Some users reported an error while installing it, but it was soon rectified. If anything does go wrong there must be an HTC recovery program (Not much knowledge about this, sorry)

2) Applications - Applications like WhatsApp give a warning that some features may not work, but nobody has found a problem with the application yet. There is nothing wrong with Viber

3) HTC has promised that 8S will get 8.1, although no date has been announced

I think you should go ahead with the update, not much to go wrong!
Cheers!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos