My favourite feature or windows phone is that i can play youtube videos in desktop mode. This mean i was limited to just the mobile selection.
    Since the 8.1 Update it seems that the support has been removed. Now i can only open youtube up in mobile mode. Are they removing this feature permanently or is it just a bug? windows 7,7.5,7.8 & 8 all allow you to play youtube videos meant only for a computer.
    12-04-2014 08:48 AM
    I'm not sure to understand everything from your post. Why don't you use an app to reach YouTube ?
    12-04-2014 08:52 AM
    When a user uploads videos to youtube they have the option for what devices it supports. Many videos on youtube do no support the mobile platform and are pc only. In the previous updates being in desktop mode tricks youtube into thinking your a pc, now it only recognizes it as mobile. The youtube apps all get recognized as mobile and can only view mobile ready videos. Windows 7,7.5,7.8 & 8 support youtube in desktop mode unlike 8.1. Im wondering if this feature has been removed in the update or since the update is not official yet maybe its a bug.
    12-04-2014 12:34 PM
    Dude there is way to Open Youtube in desktop mode.

If you open any video it will go to mobile mode only but You can force to desktop mode by going to youtube settings and Desktop mode.
    12-12-2014 05:45 AM