anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
ZoCgYUt.jpg

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Scienceguy Labs

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Sure you can. Just connect it to your Windows 8 PC, let the Windows Phone app open, swipe in from the right, go into settings, and you should find an option to rename. I'm pretty sure that will work. If you are using a Windows 7 PC, I'm not quite sure what you'll need to do.

You'll have to click on Preferences once you are in Settings.

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lol rookie mistake, most routers wont recognize a name change instantly, if you switch it off maybe it does, but most likely you need to manually delete your device from the wifi settings, and pair it up again so it will get the new name

btw I find it estrange one can only rename a windows phone using a computer, I mean... something that basic/simple and no way to do it from the phone itself...

anon(5789608)

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Sure you can. Just connect it to your Windows 8 PC, let the Windows Phone app open, swipe in from the right, go into settings, and you should find an option to rename. I'm pretty sure that will work. If you are using a Windows 7 PC, I'm not quite sure what you'll need to do.

I'm using W8.1 and did it.

lol rookie mistake, most routers wont recognize a name change instantly, if you switch it off maybe it does, but most likely you need to manually delete your device from the wifi settings, and pair it up again so it will get the new name

btw I find it estrange one can only rename a windows phone using a computer, I mean... something that basic/simple and no way to do it from the phone itself...

I changed a year ago. In this period I changed the router, changed the device name ... but never changed the device name in the wireless network.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon