WP App Design and Microsoft

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
How come MS is pushing the cheeseburger menu into all its apps when the app bar just does the job just fine?

For instance Cyber Dust a third party manages to make a great app UI for WP following the Metro design, on IOS and android it uses the upper right or upper left for the 3 lines as expected, but on WP the stuck with the app bar which is perfect and easier to access (in all cases but in WP its natural).

Why cant they keep the uniformity of apps such as OneDrive and the Cortana app.

It just doesnt make sense to me, it seems like they hired a bunch of IOS/android UI devs.

Maybe I'm just grumpy but as of recently I have to scan the screen to find elements that should just be at the bottom of my screen in the app bar.

Are on screen nav keys (non capacitive) the reason behind this ongoing change?

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Yeah **** the hamburger. I hate it. Especially because it is always on the top of the screen.

But I bet they start applying it because people are used to it. It becomes a normality. A widely recognized symbol.

mortici

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
The biggest culprits are the burger menu, the search bar, and search button at the top of the app. None of that needs to exist in WP, search quick button that BRINGS UP the search bar, and the burger contents can be put into quick actions and app bar as necessary.

Spotify, eBay, Amazon, OneDrive, Cortana (APP not search) are all culprits that make this poor design choice. There are more out there but whatever. GOTTA HAVE APPS WHO CARES ABOUT DESIGN BECAUSEAPPGAP!

I dunno who is at fault, MS for encouraging and approving this type of stuff, or the app devs that can't even follow simple guidelines.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes