Internet Explorer lags after updating to 8.1

Cubellius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, I just updated my Lumia 810 to Windows Phone 8.1 with the latest update through the Developer Preview app and the OS is running great.. except for Internet Explrorer. It's great that they added new features and removed the tab limitations but the performance it just lackluster. Animations for opening new tabs lag, switching between tabs is laggy, opening a page in a new tab and then going back to the page I was browsing usually causes the newly opened tab to crash/disappear. Clicking on a link in search and then going back to the search results also causes the tab to crash. Scrolling sometimes lags out, and zooming in and out makes the view go back up all the way to the top of the page.

Is anyone else experiencing these issues? Or is it a side effect of me unofficially updating the 810? It's still running Amber as far as the extras+info app tells me, so maybe that causes some issues with 8.1?

Cubellius

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, clearing history seemed to help a bit, the animations don't lag quite as much anymore, but whenever I open a page in a new tab and press back to go back to the page I was on before, the tab still disappears. I have to always go back using the tab button and selecting the previous tan which is annoying especially since IE sorts them by how revert built you opened them now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon