How do I disable flight mode on my l520?

Mohammed Zikriya1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Flight mode won't disable in l520

I have tried to restore my phone from factory reset and still airplane stuck mode. May anyone have advice. This happens with my device twice in two months I am using dev preview.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Flight mode won't disable in l520

I have tried to restore my phone from factory reset and still airplane stuck mode. May anyone have advice. This happens with my device twice in two months I am using dev preview.
I've just had the same thing happen this week and have tried everything. Factory reset, activated a new SIM card, nothing. It seems the radios/antennas in the device have gone bad. I'm lucky in my case, as the phone is still under warranty.

My advice would be to check your warranty status and have the device replaced.

Mohammed Zikriya1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

When it happens the first time, I flash with recovery tool and it works awesome after some days it again happens, please help me

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried using SRT and staying stock? No P4D?

Have you cross flashed to another Region's ROM?

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

Have you tried using SRT and staying stock? No P4D?

Have you cross flashed to another Region's ROM?
IDK about the OP, but I tried flashing stock with the Lumia SRT, to no avail. I also started fresh (no backup restore) to eliminate an app or some kind of setting causing the problem. Then tried having a new sim card activated at AT&T... That didn't fix anything either.

Didn't try a different region, but luckily for me, my phone was still under warranty. I had it replaced after coming to the conclusion that this was a hardware problem, and that the antennas in the phone had gone bad.

My advice to the OP; check your warranty status...

Last edited:

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yeah... sorry. I guess I worded that poorly. I'm wondering if cross flashing might have caused the issue. I'm not trying to put it forward as a solution.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Yes, i think i had flashed to another region's rom

If there is a radio mismatch between the ROMs; the original hardware is different from the hardware the ROM is intended for, that will cause such issues. For example: if your phone has a North American LTE radio and the new firmware is instructing it to use Euro LTE Bands - that brings confusion and the OS responds with Airplane Mode as an answer...

Unlike Android, no one is baking alternate radios into these ROMS or allowing for radios to be flashed separately.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99