How do I remove an incorrect email address using Hotmail from my phone?

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I inadvertently entered an incorrect email address using Hotmail on my Verizon Nokia 822 Windows 8.1 phone. Now when I go to enter the correct email address the incorrect email address shows up in the pop-up window. I thought with 8.1 we would have the ability to remove these email addresses. Would anyone know how you would go about this?

Kind regards,
yeto

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
re:

If your talking about the autocomplete list that pops up while typing an email address in the "to:" line on a new email, unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to edit or clear the cache... or at least I have been unable to find a way. Possibly a phone reset, but that would be a little extreme to remove an autocomplete email address.

yeto

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Re:

If your talking about the autocomplete list that pops up while typing an email address in the "to:" line on a new email, unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to edit or clear the cache... or at least I have been unable to find a way. Possibly a phone reset, but that would be a little extreme to remove an autocomplete email address.

Yes, it is the auto complete list. Is there someway to delete and reinstall the app? Would that erase the cache?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
I think I know how to do it.
Go to the people hub
wp_ss_20150103_0001[1].png

push on SHOWING

and set Hide contact without phone numbers on OFF
wp_ss_20150103_0002[1].png

then you will find the name you do not want anymore and can delete it

sinime

Retired Moderator
Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I know how to do it.
Go to the people hub
View attachment 92841

push on SHOWING

and set Hide contact without phone numbers on OFF
View attachment 92842

then you will find the name you do not want anymore and can delete it

So, if you type in the wrong email address in the"to:" Field, and it isn't an address in your contacts, WP makes a new contact entry with just an email address?

rbvl

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
It seems that full phone reset do not clean up email address cache in WP 8.1. Cached email addresses seem to be storing in your Microsoft account (regardless of the type of mailbox(es) you use - hotmail/outlook.com or non-Microsoft one) and reincarnating after you link your phone with that account again.

Last edited:

SamJHannan

Sep 27, 2014
Visit site
Very frustrated with this myself after a colleague gave me the wrong ending to her email address and the incorrect one is now stuck as a suggestion! Would removing and re-adding the account work perhaps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon