Phone app minimizing during call - hard to end call

Wajdos

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

During the call my phone app minimizes to the top bar on most occasions - so whenever you want to end the call you are back in the main screen with only call bar at the top of the phone. Is there anyway to prevent this happening? It is extremely annoying because it complicates how to end the call - I would rather have it all the time at call view....

kmgr

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have this problem also, I'm not sure but it might be the light sensor that makes it minimize when you put the phone to your ear. I found that it happens when I accidentaly cover the sensor with my hand when trying to end the call... but that's just a guess.

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
If it isn't the grip it might be your model's firmware so TechFreak1 asks a very valid point.

Also some other comm related App might be a common cause.

930 CV running Denim/8.1 Update1. Also with gesture beta.....but option 3 is off?

Last edited:

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
i though it was just user error on my end, when changing the phone from ear to ear there's not enough time for the proximity sensor to deactivate the screen and buttons so it presses some of them when they touch your face, or the sensor just fails sometimes and, again, my face is already touching the entire screen and main keys, maybe when you hold it too high above your ear it happens too

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
A few days back I ran tests using Nokia Care Suite because my 920 was acting a bit strange. When in test mode you can calibrate the proximity sensor among other things. Since I recalibrated my proximity sensor this problem has gone away with my L920 (fingers crossed). You might want to give it a shot.

Mlind62

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with almost all calls that I receive. Where can I find an instruction to change the sensor sensitivity as suggested?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos