Why am I unable to block calls since update?

NortyNun

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
Unable to block calls since update

Can anyone help me please,

I have a nokia lumia 920 on 8.1 windows, I got an update last week, since installing it I am unable to block any calls or texts, I cannot access the call blocking section in the settings, it just keeps saying "something went wrong, can't open the fliter at the moment, please try again later or restart your phone". When I tap and hold on a number I want to block the list only shows "details", "delete" or "add to speed dial", the feature to block is not even available.

All the numbers I previously blocked are now unblocked again.

please help as this is driving me up the wall. and yes I have already tried restarting the phone, 5+ times. it doesn't cure the issue.

thankyou

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Unable to block calls since update

Can anyone help me please,

I have a nokia lumia 920 on 8.1 windows, I got an update last week, since installing it I am unable to block any calls or texts, I cannot access the call blocking section in the settings, it just keeps saying "something went wrong, can't open the fliter at the moment, please try again later or restart your phone". When I tap and hold on a number I want to block the list only shows "details", "delete" or "add to speed dial", the feature to block is not even available.

All the numbers I previously blocked are now unblocked again.

please help as this is driving me up the wall. and yes I have already tried restarting the phone, 5+ times. it doesn't cure the issue.

thankyou

How about performing a soft reset? You can do this by pressing the volume down and power buttons together until your phone restarts. This is different from a normal "restart" procedure.

Welcome to the fora.:cool:

NortyNun

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site

How about performing a soft reset? You can do this by pressing the volume down and power buttons together until your phone restarts. This is different from a normal "restart" procedure.

Welcome to the fora.:cool:

Hiya,

Thankyou for reply, doesn't work either. Although having looked around, this seems to be an issue for a lot of people who have done the Denim update.

am still interested to know if someone finds a fix.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

Hiya,

Thankyou for reply, doesn't work either. Although having looked around, this seems to be an issue for a lot of people who have done the Denim update.

am still interested to know if someone finds a fix.

I see, thanks for the info. It may be device-specific since I'm not experiencing that issue with my L535 with the Denim update. My L1020 still does not have the Denim update, so I can't test the problem further at the moment. Perhaps other members with the L920 with the Denim update might have something to say. Stay tuned, too, to the recent forum posts - if this is a common issue, I'm sure a lot will be posting about it here.

You're welcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos