Can I keep navigation on top during an incoming call?

Mark Belch

Apr 3, 2015
Visit site
When I'm driving and using HERE Drive+ navigation I often receive an incoming call that I answer using my Bluetooth handsfree kit. It's a problem because the incoming call appears on the phone screen when I would to keep the map on top.

s there a setting to keep HERE Drive+ on top or is there an alternative navigation app I can use that wont allow the phone to interrupt the on screen map?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
When I'm driving and using HERE Drive+ navigation I often receive an incoming call that I answer using my Bluetooth handsfree kit. It's a problem because the incoming call appears on the phone screen when I would to keep the map on top.

s there a setting to keep HERE Drive+ on top or is there an alternative navigation app I can use that wont allow the phone to interrupt the on screen map?

Welcome to Windows Central.

There may be no way for that. This might have been done on purpose since answering or making calls is not recommended while driving whether you're hands free or not since attention-splitting increases the chances of accidents happening. However, after your call you should be returned to your navigation app.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Voice calls interrupt other functions as a matter of course. It's not just nav, but media playback, games, camera, what have you.

I think it may have something to do with Phone being reiterated in the title. Windows Phone smartphone. Your calls are just given priority by the OS. I understand that you don't want driving mode as the call may be related to the travel and you don't want the nav interrupted as it may be at a critical juncture.

You will loose the voice part of nav, regardless, when a call comes in and/or is engaged. However, you can get the nav screen back with one quick poke of the back button after engaging the call.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes