Why does my new Lumia 730 shows artist image background for some images and not for others?

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
My new Lumia 730 shows artist image background for some images and not for others

I recently purchased a Lumia 730 Dual SIM in India. I recently noticed that some artist image backgrounds have now started showing up on my Music app and the live tile. They never worked with my older Lumia 520. But the problem is that not all of them have the images. Almost all of the files which show the images are from a common source...an old Lumia 900.
Can anyone guide me how to get the images working.

I read that it depends on the Region your MS Account was made in (it should support X Box Music Online Service). Somebody suggested to use Zune but it's not possible with Windows Phone 8.1.

Jagadeeshvanum

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: My new Lumia 730 shows artist image background for some images and not for others

On my 630, I get artist background only for Paramore. I too don't know how. I once changed my region to US and played a song by them. I've edited all the ID3 tags manually.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: My new Lumia 730 shows artist image background for some images and not for others

I've my region set to US permanently. I think it's something to do with the fact that the files were earlier used by a WP 7.x device which used Zune to sync files. Is there any known way to make it work.

alinauman97

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site

The Zune suggestion works. On your PC, download Zune and in its settings, allow Zune to retrieve metadata. Then look up album info for an album and let it change the tags. Once done, sync the music to your phone. I used the Windows Phone app for this. If done correctly, artist backgrounds will show up both in the app and on the live tile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon