Why am I unable to upload pictures on Facebook, Lumia 1020 8.1 Denim?

pajopatak

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Can't upload picture on Facebook, Lumia 1020 8.1 Denim

Hi, i'm using latest Facebook app from Microsoft v, 8.3.6.0 (updated today). With the previous, as well as with the latest version, i have the problem (bug, obviously): i can't upload/share any picture on my fb profile. The app accepts picture, then uploads it for infinite time.
Any solutions?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't upload picture on Facebook, Lumia 1020 8.1 Denim

Are you experiencing this bug over mobile data or Wi-Fi?

In my L1020, this only happens when my phone isn't connected to a stable internet source.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Any luck with this? Experiencing the same problem on a Lumia 830. I'm 99% sure it's just a crappy app.

Unlikely, otherwise the forum would have been filled by a lot of user complaints, rants, emotional breakdowns, etc. about the official Facebook app.

In my Lumia 1020 with Denim, I can upload photos to groups and to my profile with no problems... as long as I've got a stable (and >1Mbps) internet connection.

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Unlikely, otherwise the forum would have been filled by a lot of user complaints, rants, emotional breakdowns, etc. about the official Facebook app.

In my Lumia 1020 with Denim, I can upload photos to groups and to my profile with no problems... as long as I've got a stable (and >1Mbps) internet connection.

I don't know. I never had a problem with my phone (Lumia Icon) but I haven't uploaded anything recently. I went ahead and tried on mine last night and it's the same problem. Now we've got my phone (Lumia Icon, Verizon), my dad's (Lumia 830, AT&T), and my brother's (Lumia 830, AT&T) all with the same problem. Just weird.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
I don't know. I never had a problem with my phone (Lumia Icon) but I haven't uploaded anything recently. I went ahead and tried on mine last night and it's the same problem. Now we've got my phone (Lumia Icon, Verizon), my dad's (Lumia 830, AT&T), and my brother's (Lumia 830, AT&T) all with the same problem. Just weird.

Indeed that is weird - it appears that the problem is more common than it is not. Not sure what's going on. Could it be location-related, something to do with certain servers being updated or upgraded? - there seems to be no announcement from Facebook about this.

So far I'm the only one who seems to have a working Facebook app - could I be the only one (with Windows Phone, that is)? :cool:

Nonetheless, when I experienced the problem several months ago, I just either restarted my internet connection (toggling Airplane mode on and off) or restarted my phone and this resolved the issue. Have you tried this with the phones you have access to?

txaggie2016

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Indeed that is weird - it appears that the problem is more common than it is not. Not sure what's going on. Could it be location-related, something to do with certain servers being updated or upgraded? - there seems to be no announcement from Facebook about this.

So far I'm the only one who seems to have a working Facebook app - could I be the only one (with Windows Phone, that is)? :cool:

Nonetheless, when I experienced the problem several months ago, I just either restarted my internet connection (toggling Airplane mode on and off) or restarted my phone and this resolved the issue. Have you tried this with the phones you have access to?
Yes -- all three have been restarted at some point during this time, I've tried the cell network and our home WiFi, and I've even performed a factory reset on one of the phones. I've also tried both the Facebook and Facebook Beta apps.

Not sure if iit could be location-based. I'm going out of town this weekend for a friend's wedding so that should surely offer some picture upload testing opportunities!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes