windows phone app for desktop

nesetceri

May 6, 2015
Visit site
I have my own phone registered to "Windows phone app for desktop" but is it also possible to add my daughters phone to that program so I can see where she is (she is ok with that) when I need it ( say ,God forbid ,she has an accident etc )

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure if the Windows phone app for desktop can track the location of a Windows Phone, but normally this can be done through the windowsphone.com website. One just has to log into his or her windowsphone account, then go to "Find My Phone" - the last known and saved location of every device (including Windows Phones) related to that account will be displayed there.

This means that you would need to known the login credentials of your daughter.

If I may suggest, there's an app that allows you to track the location of your friends, family members and colleagues in almost real-time. Have a look at Life360 Family Locator - it's free for location tracking, but additional features (adding more than two locations for automatic push notifications, e.g. when your daughter arrives home, school/work, leaves the city, etc.) require a premium account - the basic account only allows two locations to be saved. And the great thing about it is that it's cross-platform, so it will work with iPhones and Android phones, too. All you need to ensure is that both phones have data coverage and is turned on.

Hope these help.

Gaurav Tyagi

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm, not sure if the Windows phone app for desktop can track the location of a Windows Phone, but normally this can be done through the windowsphone.com website. One just has to log into his or her windowsphone account, then go to "Find My Phone" - the last known and saved location of every device (including Windows Phones) related to that account will be displayed there.

This means that you would need to known the login credentials of your daughter.

If I may suggest, there's an app that allows you to track the location of your friends, family members and colleagues in almost real-time. Have a look at Life360 Family Locator - it's free for location tracking, but additional features (adding more than two locations for automatic push notifications, e.g. when your daughter arrives home, school/work, leaves the city, etc.) require a premium account - the basic account only allows two locations to be saved. And the great thing about it is that it's cross-platform, so it will work with iPhones and Android phones, too. All you need to ensure is that both phones have data coverage and is turned on.

Hope these help.
Well done brother. Nice explanation.

wimpsinia

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
You can try K-LOC for WP. I'm using it with my husband and it's ok.
We created a OneDrive account and we shared it, so we don't need to share our personal MS account :cool:
Wimps

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
What gpobernardo said above... Plus Windows Phone App for Windows won't show any info on a phone not currently connected to the computer's USB.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
otispit