Is it still possible to get WP apps via a PC browser?

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I have an MS 640 running 8.1 which won't complete downloading the NY Times Crossword app. It downloads and then tries to restore pre-existing data (the app was previously on my now defunct 1520). It just sits there forever and eventually returns an error. From what I read it might be because there is a pop-up that needs to be answered but it doesn't appear in the mobile app store. The suggested fix was to go to the store on a PC and do a push download from there, but the option doesn't seem to exist any more. All it says is go download it from your phone. Did they do away with that feature?

Rising Mos

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
I know they removed the feature for W10. I am guessing the website is the same for both W8.1 and W10 so it got removed completely. You might want to get Support to fix it. Another option that you might wana try is to find the app data on your OneDrive and delete it. I am guessing it us trying to restore data from there.

jsooney

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I got it to work on the 150th attempt, not sure how. I don't use OneDrive but some things seem to back themselves up somehow. Too bad they got rid of the push feature, that was handy at times.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3