Why does my laptop freeze randomly?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why my laptop freezes randomly ?

I'm using Windows 8 on a ASUS laptop. My computer freezes randomly. I have checked with the SFC, and DISM tool from the command prompt option. Also I have formatted the drive completely and reinstalled windows afresh twice. But this problem persists. What should I do ?

Ad_Man_Gamer

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why my laptop freezes randomly ?

Hello. when it comes to freezing, it helps to know what kind you are getting.

You can test if your computer is completely unresponsive by pushing a key on your keyboard that usually turns an LED on or off. If the LED is unresponsive as well, the whole system can be considered completely unresponsive.

1. Screen sticks and the system is completely unresponsive.
2. Screen sticks but your system seems to be somewhat responsive.
(test is the same as above, but this time the LED's will be responsive.)
3. Screen goes black and becomes unresponsive.
4. Screen stick and has visual artifacts after it has seized up.

Let me know what kind you are getting and i will try and help in the best way i can.
In the meantime if you could run a memory diagnostic that would also be of help.

sans_satya

Feb 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why my laptop freezes randomly ?

Hello. when it comes to freezing, it helps to know what kind you are getting.

You can test if your computer is completely unresponsive by pushing a key on your keyboard that usually turns an LED on or off. If the LED is unresponsive as well, the whole system can be considered completely unresponsive.

1. Screen sticks and the system is completely unresponsive.
2. Screen sticks but your system seems to be somewhat responsive.
(test is the same as above, but this time the LED's will be responsive.)
3. Screen goes black and becomes unresponsive.
4. Screen stick and has visual artifacts after it has seized up.

Let me know what kind you are getting and i will try and help in the best way i can.
In the meantime if you could run a memory diagnostic that would also be of help.

Yes, when the laptop freezes, the screen and the cursor are stuck. All the switches that activate the LEDs, are unresponsive, except for the charging indicator. It detects the charger if connected or disconnected. But all the remaining buttons are unresponsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon