The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
06-05-2016 06:31 PM
286 ... 45678 ...
tools
    New Xbox game(paid) on Windows Phone Store.I don't know why WPC has not reported it yet.But I have sent them a news tip.
    Drop 7 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I havent downloaded it though as it is paid :(
    04-08-2014 04:40 AM
    New Xbox game(paid) on Windows Phone Store.I don't know why WPC has not reported it yet.But I have sent them a news tip.
    Drop 7 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I havent downloaded it though as it is paid :(
    I don't think this is an Xbox live game, more over a try by the developer to trick users.
    Because if it was Xbox, it will show "requires:Xbox", not shown in this case.
    But I can be wrong.
    04-08-2014 04:44 AM
    Yeah,that is strange :o and could be true considering MS' lazy and wrong certification lately.
    But nobody has mentioned something like that in the reviews,anyways let's hope and wait for an official confirmation from WPC :)
    04-08-2014 05:16 AM
    Age of Empires: World Domination, a Microsoft-owned intellectual property, is expected to come to Windows Phone this summer. The problems? 1) no Xbox Live integration has been confirmed yet, and I'm worried it won't be because of the other problem: 2) it's also coming to iOS and Android! boo! So, I'm calling out Microsoft on Twitter telling them to ensure the WP version has Xbox integration and the iOS and Android versions do not, but also encouraging them to cancel the iOS and Android versions entirely (it won't happen, but I want them to know we're pissed about it). Best case scenario: The game launches on WP only, and with Xbox.
    Acceptable scenario: The game launches on all platforms but only the WP version has Xbox integration.
    Almost worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms and all versions have Xbox integration.
    Worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms without Xbox integration.

The Twitter account for the game is https://twitter.com/aoewd
    04-11-2014 03:58 PM
    I'm not getting it. The animation and graphics suck
    04-11-2014 04:10 PM
    Age of Empires: World Domination, a Microsoft-owned intellectual property, is expected to come to Windows Phone this summer. The problems? 1) no Xbox Live integration has been confirmed yet, and I'm worried it won't be because of the other problem: 2) it's also coming to iOS and Android! boo! So, I'm calling out Microsoft on Twitter telling them to ensure the WP version has Xbox integration and the iOS and Android versions do not, but also encouraging them to cancel the iOS and Android versions entirely (it won't happen, but I want them to know we're pissed about it). Best case scenario: The game launches on WP only, and with Xbox.
    Acceptable scenario: The game launches on all platforms but only the WP version has Xbox integration.
    Almost worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms and all versions have Xbox integration.
    Worst case scenario: The game launches on all platforms without Xbox integration.

The Twitter account for the game is https://twitter.com/aoewd
    Why on earth would you lobby against an app or a feature appearing on Android and iOS? How do you think that would add to the sum of human happiness?
    04-13-2014 10:38 AM
    Why on earth would you lobby against an app or a feature appearing on Android and iOS? How do you think that would add to the sum of human happiness?
    It is discussed earlier in this very thread why releasing Xbox games for competing platforms is bad for Windows Phone. And since Windows Phone is a struggling platform with barely any market share, it is badly in need of exclusive content such as high profile games like this to coax consumers into switching over. If consumers don't switch over, eventually Windows Phone will die and the only option that consumers will have is iOS (overpriced) and Android (simply awful), neither of which are appealing to me. More choices is better for consumers. Thus, it's better for "the sum of human happiness" that this game, and other Microsoft IP, are not released on competing platforms.
    04-13-2014 06:07 PM
    It is discussed earlier in this very thread why releasing Xbox games for competing platforms is bad for Windows Phone. And since Windows Phone is a struggling platform with barely any market share, it is badly in need of exclusive content such as high profile games like this to coax consumers into switching over. If consumers don't switch over, eventually Windows Phone will die and the only option that consumers will have is iOS (overpriced) and Android (simply awful), neither of which are appealing to me. More choices is better for consumers. Thus, it's better for "the sum of human happiness" that this game, and other Microsoft IP, are not released on competing platforms.
    As I have said before, if the only reason for people to switch to WP is that one company has artificially restricted their apps to the platform in a desparate attempt to get someone to buy it, then it deserves to fail. Surely if Android is 'simply awful' and iOS is 'overpriced', people will already be flocking to WP?

Don't you think it would be bad for Xbox games to limit them to the least popular mobile OS?
    04-14-2014 03:32 AM
    As I have said before, if the only reason for people to switch to WP is that one company has artificially restricted their apps to the platform in a desparate attempt to get someone to buy it, then it deserves to fail. Surely if Android is 'simply awful' and iOS is 'overpriced', people will already be flocking to WP?

Don't you think it would be bad for Xbox games to limit them to the least popular mobile OS?
    By your logic, Microsoft should start releasing Xbox games for PlayStation 3 and Wii, both of which outsold the Xbox 360, as well as for PS4 and Wii U, both of which are currently outselling the Xbox One. Clearly you can see how that makes zero sense for Microsoft to do that. If they released all their games for those enemy platforms, there would be zero reason to buy an Xbox 360 or an Xbox One. Same holds true for any exclusive app in the mobile realm as well. If you want to talk about a company restricting availability of apps, look no further than Google itself, which has yet to bring over any of its major apps to Windows Phone and which has vehemently blocked Microsoft from doing so for them.

To answer your question, it is not bad for Xbox for Microsoft to limit them to the systems they have control over. That way, they can control the ecosystem and mold it in the way they best see fit. If they bring them to other ecosystems, not only do they lose out on revenue, but they also lose out on creative control.
    04-15-2014 03:46 PM
    Yesterday Rovio released their second consecutive non-Xbox enabled game for Windows Phone, Bad Piggies. Rovio used to be on the Xbox bandwagon but jumped off with the release of Angry Birds Go a few months ago. Be sure to tell Rovio on Twitter that this is not okay.
    04-15-2014 03:48 PM
    Ok, if a company has an inferior product, it might make sense to try this. But WP is not an inferior product, right?

Regardless, I still have no idea why a customer would want this.
    04-15-2014 04:11 PM
    Yesterday Rovio released their second consecutive non-Xbox enabled game for Windows Phone, Bad Piggies. Rovio used to be on the Xbox bandwagon but jumped off with the release of Angry Birds Go a few months ago. Be sure to tell Rovio on Twitter that this is not okay.
    Why does it matter if it's 'Xbox enabled'? You still get to play the game.
    Maybe better to lobby Microsoft to make their Xbox programme more attractive to third parties.
    04-15-2014 04:12 PM
    Ok, if a company has an inferior product, it might make sense to try this. But WP is not an inferior product, right? Regardless, I still have no idea why a customer would want this.
    WP is not an inferior product; it is superior. But that alone is rarely enough to succeed. People don't like change and convincing them to switch from a good product like iOS to a better one like Windows Phone isn't easy. You need as many incentives as possible, and one of the big ones is exclusive apps and features. I explained already in my previous two posts why a user would want exclusivity. Please re-read them.

Why does it matter if it's 'Xbox enabled'? You still get to play the game.
    Maybe better to lobby Microsoft to make their Xbox programme more attractive to third parties.
    Have you read the other posts in this thread, particularly the original one? This entire thread is about why it matters if a game is Xbox enabled and how we are currently lobbying Microsoft to revise the Xbox certification process to make it more enticing to third-party developers.
    04-16-2014 02:49 PM
    Good news, everyone! Microsoft Studios has finally ported over their flagship Xbox game on WP7, The Harvest, to WP8! It's not a new Xbox game, technically, but many WP8 users never had WP7 so this is new to them.

Also, for those of you who loathe the stupid change in WP8.1 where all games are installed in the app list instead of the Games Hub, there is a Uservoice post campaigning against it here.
    04-18-2014 06:33 PM
    On 29 April 2014, Gameloft released their sixth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Captain America: TWS. Let Gameloft know how much business they're missing out on by tweeting them.

On 6 May 2014, Microsoft Studios released Xbox-enabled pseudo-sequel to Wordament, Snap Attack. However, it was also announced the game would be coming to enemy platforms iOS and Android as well. Let Microsoft know they need to keep their IP exclusive to Windows Phone!
    Last edited by coip; 05-12-2014 at 05:29 PM.
    05-06-2014 03:24 PM
    Today Microsoft Studios released Xbox-enabled Kinectimals for Windows Phone (not to be confused with the previously released Xbox-enabled game of the same name for the same platform). Two Xbox games for WP from Microsoft in two days!
    05-07-2014 06:23 PM
    On 12 May 2014, Gameloft released their seventh-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,Spider-Man 2. Let Gameloft know that their continued eschewal of Xbox gaming on WP will lead to our continued eschewal of purchasing their games
    05-12-2014 05:29 PM
    UPDATE 27: On 12 June 2014, former Xbox on WP supporter Rovio released, Epic, an Angry Birds-inspired RPG that is also their third consecutive Windows Phone game without Xbox integration.

UPDATE 28: On 17 June 2014, Gameloft released their eighth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,GT Racing 2. Let Gameloft know on Twitter that they suck.

UPDATE 29: On 20 June 2014, Gameloft released their nihth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone,Heroes of Order and Chaos. The game is the follow-up to the Xbox-enabled Order & Chaos, making it all the more insulting that Gameloft launched it without Xbox integration.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-21-2014 03:26 PM
    I don't know why WPC is constantly giving me an error msg when I try to post this,so I'll upload it as a MS Word screenshot,please don't mind :)

capture.png
    06-21-2014 04:05 PM
    I don't know why WPC is constantly giving me an error msg when I try to post this,so I'll upload it as a MS Word screenshot,please don't mind :)
    That's fine. You are free to buy whatever games you want, and you're free to not buy whatever games you don't want. I'm not interested in non-Xbox games, therefore, I don't want to spend my money on them. The point of this #SaveXboxWP campaign is to try to get more Xbox games on Windows Phone and Windows 8. It's not about "refusing" to buy games we want: we don't want those games because they don't have the features we need. Certainly you don't buy things you don't want. In that vein, we don't buy things we don't want, but we do try to convince developers and publishers to make the types of games we want, and those would be Xbox Live games.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    06-22-2014 11:22 AM
    On 30 June 2014, Microsoft Studios delisted one of my favorite Xbox games, Carcassonne. I'm effing furious.
    06-30-2014 09:01 PM
    On 30 June 2014, Microsoft Studios delisted one of my favorite Xbox games, Carcassonne. I'm effing furious.
    Why does MS constantly delist old Xbox games? Do they come with an expiration date??
    06-30-2014 09:04 PM
    Why does MS constantly delist old Xbox games? Do they come with an expiration date??
    I would bet it would be due to lower sales and a big one, I would bet there was a bug that was found with 8.1 that caused them to pull it. Some great Xbox games were lost when we went from Windows phone 7 to 8.

Instead of fixing older games, they just pull them..

This thread is so win, I just wish Microsoft would get their crap together and take Xbox Gaming on Windows Phone seriously. This was one of the selling points for WP for me, as I am a avid gamer. And now I just watch it disappear right before my eyes....

#SaveXboxWP !!!!
    07-01-2014 09:03 AM
    I would bet it would be due to lower sales and a big one, I would bet there was a bug that was found with 8.1 that caused them to pull it. Some great Xbox games were lost when we went from Windows phone 7 to 8.

Instead of fixing older games, they just pull them..

This thread is so win, I just wish Microsoft would get their crap together and take Xbox Gaming on Windows Phone seriously. This was one of the selling points for WP for me, as I am a avid gamer. And now I just watch it disappear right before my eyes....

#SaveXboxWP !!!!
    That is usually the case, yes. In this particular instance, though, Paul was reporting that the developer (Exozet Games) had been begging Microsoft Studios to let them update the game (last updated in May 2013) with bug fixes and new DLC, but Microsoft kept rebuffing them. Finally, Exozet convinced them to pull the game from the store so they could re-release it without Xbox achievements (supposedly, they're working on this right now), similar to what happened to Doodle Jump. Very frustrating as this was one of my favorite Xbox games on WP. Regardless, games should never be delisted, even if they are stripped of features and re-launched, the originals should always be there for re-download.

Anyway, more bad news since then:
    On 30 June 2014, Gameloft released their eleventh-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Rival Knight .

On July 12014, Gameloft released their twelth-consecutive non-Xbox game for Windows Phone, Order and Chaos Duels Card.
    DavidinCT likes this.
    07-01-2014 06:35 PM
    Agreed, So, Coip what do you think we should do to make this grow even more ? Is it the fact that people don't care about Xbox Live on WP any more ? I saw your request on "request Windows Phone features" and voted max, with about 3-4 comments on it. Check out my Twitter feed (@TheCoolDave), I use #SaveXboxWP and get my tweets re-tweeed all the time.

Something needs to be done to finally bring the light to Microsoft to get their **** together. Enough is enough, the way things are going by next year at this time, Xbox Live on Windows Phone will be completely gone(unless your hanging on to the classics).

With all the promotion going into Xbox one and Xbox live, I would think part of their point even for Windows Phone would to be pushing Xbox Live on Windows Phone as "xbox live on the go", and everything now says they don't even care.

I really am passionate about this but, If I just wanted games for the phone (one of my big things with Windows Phone), Maybe I should re-think my Phone choice, truth be told, I am not getting Xbox on my phone any more, we all know Android or iOS gets all the games first....You know where I am going on this...but, I hate Android and iOS....
    coip likes this.
    07-01-2014 06:58 PM
286 ... 45678 ...