WP sales rankings on bestbuy.com 10/15/13

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
AT&T (92 phones offered)
46. Nokia Lumia 920 Black (48. a week ago, 35. a month ago)
58. Nokia Lumia 920 Yellow (64. a week ago, not available a month ago)
59. Nokia Lumia 920 Red (65. a week ago, 46. a month ago)
63. Nokia Lumia 1020 Yellow (62. a week ago, 31. a month ago)
64. Nokia Lumia 1020 Black (88. a week ago, 90. a month ago)
67. HTC 8X (54. a week ago, 39. a month ago)
87. Nokia Lumia 925 (86. a week ago, not available a month ago)
88. Nokia Lumia 1020 White (61. a week ago, 89. a month ago)

Verizon (78 phones offered)
60. Nokia Lumia 928 Black (62. a week ago, 48. a month ago)
67. Nokia Lumia 928 White (64. a week ago, 33. a month ago)
69. Samsung Ativ Odyssey (66. a week ago, 51. a month ago)
70. Nokia Lumia 822 White (67. a week ago, 43. a month ago)
71. Nokia Lumia 822 Black (58. a week ago, 37. a month ago)
HTC 8X Blue is not offered
HTC 8X Black is not offered

T-Mobile (12 phones offered)
8. Nokia Lumia 521 (6. a week ago, 4. a month ago)
Nokia Lumia 925 is not offered

Sprint (71 phones offered)
50. Samsung Ativ S Neo (57. a week ago, 34. a month ago)
HTC 8XT is not offered

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised the 521 is #8. I would think it would be higher. I wonder what models make up 1 - 7.

The numbers would probably be better if the AT&T 520 GoPhone was also offered. I'll see if anybody agrees before I explain the method to my madness.

I'll wait to say if I agree until you explain the method to your madness! :wink:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm surprised the 521 is #8. I would think it would be higher. I wonder what models make up 1 - 7.

I'll wait to say if I agree until you explain the method to your madness! :wink:

Fair enough.

We've all read and posted the horror stories about salespeople not pushing Windows Phone. The L521 at Wal-Mart has been a runaway success, why? Simple reasons being that (A) salespeople are not involved and (B), the price. Most people buying pre-paids figure that $100 for a smartphone can't be a bad deal. They see the Windows name and take the plunge. After experiencing the OS and the Nokia quality, they're bound to be hooked. My reasoning is to have the GoPhone 520 in plain view where customers can just pick it up off the shelves without having to deal with a salesperson, who probably has "incentives" to push a certain line. The general public who doesn't visit this site will go to c/net or similar sites when they are researching their next phone. Android or iPhone is all they'll see depending on the publication and that has to change. How will the word ever get out? I think pre-paid will be the path for new users to get their feet wet with WP. When they learn that the OS is the same across the board, maybe they'll want that 920 or 8X.

Yes, no, maybe?

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Yo Fats... Man, I slang electrons at my local Wally World (I sell Comcast Xfinity television, internet, home phone & security at my local WalMart for those who didn't get the jive), and they cannot keep the L521 on the shelves. They're always sold out at my store. I've seen people go to another 10 miles away to pick it up.. Here in CO, we have the L52x on TMo, StraightTalk, AT&T and Family Mobile, all PAYG setups.. As I'm posted right there, I push peeps to go WP. I even pull out my 8X and let them peep the tech.. I'm even gonna say that 2 months ago, I saw no one, and I mean NO ONE with a WP, unless I looked in the mirror or my bada$$ ffc. Just this (work) week (1 day in), I've seen 4.... Moving on up, to the eastside, to that deeluxe apartment in the skyyyyy..

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Yo Fats... Man, I slang electrons at my local Wally World (I sell Comcast Xfinity television, internet, home phone & security at my local WalMart for those who didn't get the jive), and they cannot keep the L521 on the shelves. They're always sold out at my store. I've seen people go to another 10 miles away to pick it up.. Here in CO, we have the L52x on TMo, StraightTalk, AT&T and Family Mobile, all PAYG setups.. As I'm posted right there, I push peeps to go WP. I even pull out my 8X and let them peep the tech.. I'm even gonna say that 2 months ago, I saw no one, and I mean NO ONE with a WP, unless I looked in the mirror or my bada$$ ffc. Just this (work) week (1 day in), I've seen 4.... Moving on up, to the eastside, to that deeluxe apartment in the skyyyyy..

I think I understand what you just wrote. I'm damn near 50 so forgive me for my ignorance, but go on with yo' bad self George J.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
I meant I push people to WP while working, even letting them see mine. I've also seen more and more of them lately.. 2 other 8Xs and about 1/2 dozen L52Xs...

lippidp

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I meant I push people to WP while working, even letting them see mine. I've also seen more and more of them lately.. 2 other 8Xs and about 1/2 dozen L52Xs...
I saw someone with a 1020 today. It was ME!!!! Oh yeah, baby. It was FREE at the MS Store. They didn't even charge me tax like I thought they're supposed to and they gave me a free Coke Zero while a waited.

etad putta

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Fair enough.

We've all read and posted the horror stories about salespeople not pushing Windows Phone. The L521 at Wal-Mart has been a runaway success, why? Simple reasons being that (A) salespeople are not involved and (B), the price. Most people buying pre-paids figure that $100 for a smartphone can't be a bad deal. They see the Windows name and take the plunge. After experiencing the OS and the Nokia quality, they're bound to be hooked. My reasoning is to have the GoPhone 520 in plain view where customers can just pick it up off the shelves without having to deal with a salesperson, who probably has "incentives" to push a certain line. The general public who doesn't visit this site will go to c/net or similar sites when they are researching their next phone. Android or iPhone is all they'll see depending on the publication and that has to change. How will the word ever get out? I think pre-paid will be the path for new users to get their feet wet with WP. When they learn that the OS is the same across the board, maybe they'll want that 920 or 8X.

Yes, no, maybe?

Have to agree with you on this one. I picked up a 521 at hsn for $80 and was amazed at how good it was. With a little trading i moved up to a 920 and am really happy with it. The only way they can continue to grow however, is by low prices. But I'm good with that

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The only way they can continue to grow however, is by low prices.

That's part of the problem. Most of the growth is at the low end. But, at least it gets WP out there! Android's lopsided market share is helped a lot by low end as well, but there are also several high end devices that singlehandedly rival iPhone in sales. At this point high end WP sales are insignificant in the total picture.

With a little trading i moved up to a 920 and am really happy with it.

This is exactly why low end sales are important. It got a WP into your hands without you taking a big financial risk, and now you have a flagship.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon