12-12-2013 10:03 AM
48 12
tools
    I have been using Sony ericsson which is a java mobile.. So i am new to these smartphones. I want to buy it but my friends are suggesting me to look for android. I am very much confused.
    My friends told me that windows phone store doesnt have top high end games for free..
    I know, posting such question in this forum will irritate so many.. but i dont know where to clarify it. pls reply.

Thanks in advance.
    12-07-2013 10:20 PM
    If you're going for performance and security Windows Phone can't be beat and all the latest apps and games are available or will soon be available. What apps in particular are you looking for?
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-07-2013 10:32 PM
    Windows phone has a lot of apps that competitors have. If you can tell us which apps you are interested in, let us know, and we will tell you if it is on windows phone or not. :)
    Jessy1098 and Editguy1900 like this.
    12-07-2013 10:35 PM
    been using LagDroid tablets for 2weeks now w/ quad core inside, but still doesn't impress me at all, though huge collection of apps N games which lately will be the same listing as Windows Phones apps.
    Jessy1098 and Guytronic like this.
    12-07-2013 10:51 PM
    Okay so.
    I have both a Galaxy Note II and a Lumia 520. While the Note II is an absolutely wonderful phone, I prefer the Lumia 520 because,
    - Updating is easier (I don't have to load a custom ROM and risk problems to get on WP8's newest iteration)
    - WP8 is much less fragmented than Android (which is a plus for me)
    - YOU CAN DELETE CARRIER BLOAT (unlike stock Android)
    - WP8 is very pretty (imo) and very optimized for slower phones such as the Lumia 520

Do I love my Note II? Absolutely! However, when I upgrade to a newer phone (because I'm on an AT&T contract with the Lumia 520) in March, I will be getting a newer and faster Nokia Lumia.
    12-08-2013 01:24 AM
    A new Lumia, since you are a first time smartphone user Lumias are perfect. There are more than enough games for you to play, but there will always be less than that over android.

Mysuggesiton is to go to The Smartphone Reinvented Around You | Windows Phone (United States) and click on the Games menu and see all the games you can get, also check the apps, you might find the number to be more than enough IMO.
    12-08-2013 01:36 AM
    I would recommend you to get a windows phone if you are a first time smartphone owner.
    cckgz4, snowmutt and Jessy1098 like this.
    12-08-2013 01:43 AM
    Bro high end games are not free in any platform. They say its free because they
    1-pirating apps
    2-they are ignorant
    3-they said it while smoking

Bro you can visit "windows phone store" on pc and see all apps and games.

Some apps comes with Xbox live achievement they give you *g.
    Some apps sometimes become free.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-08-2013 06:34 AM
    So, if you have a big budget, get a high end android phone you'll enjoy games on android more than wp which has far less games, . If you can afford iPhone, go for it. All latest games get there first, one game called clumsy ninja is there only on ios as of now. Ull regret wp if ur apps are only games.
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 06:57 AM
    Simple and stable phone with basic features - go for Lumia phone

More Apps and more customization and no restriction - Go for Android.

If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone
    Guytronic and Jessy1098 like this.
    12-08-2013 08:06 AM
    Simple and stable phone with basic features - go for Lumia phone

More Apps and more customization and no restriction - Go for Android.

If you need a phone for whatsapp, never go for a WP8 phone
    WhatsApp now has all features including audio and video sharing,so i think now it is at par with android and iOS....
    Editguy1900 and Jessy1098 like this.
    12-08-2013 08:21 AM
    I think you should try and see both. Dose any of your frnd has Lumia? Beg borry or steal it for a day to try

12-08-2013 08:30 AM
    For a first smartphone user buy a Nokia Lumia 520 (or 521)
    Nokia Lumia 521 No-Contract 4" Windows Smartphone - T-Mobile at HSN.com
    12-08-2013 08:34 AM
    some ppl who come from android and who r users of endless customization options in android find it difficult to stick with WP. Others love this platform. since u r a new smartphone user. u ll love the simplicity with which wp os is designed. and the os is fluid even on low end devices. as for apps.. since u r a new smartphone user (and have been happily using a java phone for so long).. u ll not miss any app that u used in ur old phone. if a platform says it has 1 million apps u should realize that most of the apps in the store do the same thing as another app.. and one may say as much as 10% of the apps in the store remain with zero downloads.. i can assure you that apps (cross platform) u need to stay in touch with ur android friends are available in WP store. as for games.. the games available in wp store are of good quality. i only have free games on my phone.. some of my android friends use my phone to play 3d games like zombie hq and drag racing..
    Jessy1098 and EpicIncognitO like this.
    12-08-2013 09:39 AM
    If you don't want to spent a lot of moneys go for wp8 because its very stable os but if you have a lot of money go for a high end android device to have freedom and a lot of feature /apps

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 10:25 AM
    Android SHining just few days Lumia like evergreen decision in your hand what to do which to buy... i bet you if you buy Android you ill return on WP8...
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 10:47 AM
    I currently own more smartphones than a person should be allowed to own. Among them: Samsung Galaxy SII Skyrocket (Android), iPhone 4 (iOS), Lumia 520 (WP8).

I've owned numerous Android phones starting with the original G1. I love the customization options for Android. I didn't love the poor battery life or the degrading performance. In order to eek out tolerable battery life and performance, I had to spend a lot of time tweaking and experimenting. Although there was improvement, the results still weren't great.

I switched to an iPhone 4. Battery life and performance was and still is amazing (running iOS 5). But it seemed like using the iPhone as a phone is an afterthought. No indicator lights... if I received a call or txt msg when the phone was not with me, there is no visible way to know it without turning on the screen. Lack of customization was another issue.

I then saw the Lumia 520 for $67 (no contract). I was a big fan of the Zune and know that much of the Zune HD's UI design found its way into WP8. So I wanted to give it a try. I've been using it as my primary phone for 2+ weeks. I'm getting battery life that is nearly as good as my iPhone (2-3 days between charges), performance that is fluid and crisp, and the ability to configure the screen with live tiles that provide me with the information that I feel I need to have on the phone's main screen.

This is using a StraightTalk microSIM, YMMV.
    Jessy1098 and MERCDROID like this.
    12-08-2013 11:14 AM
    I own several android phones - my favourite being my nexus 4. I have an iphone 5, and i also have several windows phones - my favourite being my Nokia 925. I use all my different phones a lot as i like them all for different reasons. My overall favourite of all my phones is my Nokia 925 windows phone. Everything is truly fabulous, except i dearly miss the notification centre that i use extensively on the android nexus 4
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 11:53 AM
    What's your budget?

12-08-2013 01:22 PM
    go with windows
    Live tiles ,colorful screens.
    love the windows ecosystem
    love my 1020
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 01:44 PM
    Jessy1098 ...... I've been reading people's comments, people who want to help you with your question. People have asked you questions to help you with YOUR question. It would be much easier if you could answer these questions ....!
    12-08-2013 02:05 PM
    Android have a lot of apps,some people might like its UI but it needs a decent phone to run smoothly...
    iOS is user friendly,a lot of apps,similiar UI with android but only available on iPhones which aren't so cheap...
    Windows Phone 8,Many people might not like UI but it's really sorted,it runs really smooth even on low end devices like Lumia 520,easy to use and not laggy but it doesn't have as much apps as the iOS or Android...
    Conclusion: If you want a simple smartphone for basic stuff and play a few games go for Windows Phones 8
    If you want a more advanced OS with more apps and more possibilities go for android or iOS
    P.S. go to windowsphone.com to see what apps WP8 haves,check if it haves everything you need..
    husslord and Jessy1098 like this.
    12-08-2013 03:26 PM
    Long time Android user here but I must admit that for ease of use I simply love my Lumia 625. But if it's customization, and apps you're after then I would definitely recommend Android. If you like gaming on a mobile device then definitely stay away from WP8! A lot of titles are pathetic knock-offs of Android and iOS versions (think of that mockbuster Transmorphers).
    12-08-2013 03:43 PM
    Going from a high end Android to WP8 experience differs. Me I can't get over the cumbersome navigation and just simple things that should of came built in to the OS. My wife has the Lumia 1520 and for what she uses it for she had no problem jumping from her, she basically likes taking pictures, surfing web, netflix, text, calls, and Facebook. Me on the other hand I like modding all my devices and I chose to go from the S4 to the Note 3.

WP8 store does have a good bit of apps but it also has a good bit of trash apps that are obviously made just to boost the app numbers. A lot of high end games are free on Android and not WP8 because of the lack of ad support, but it is the same for iOS and yes you Android is easy to pirate anything. I believe MS needs to make the entire OS more open source for it to have a chance to rival Android and they are in dire need to have first party apps and games. No reason they own multiple gaming franchises, a huge network of partners to work with, and the bank to back up any project, and them only having 2-3 decent games not on other platforms.

I am hoping that the WP8.1 (or WP blue) update will address most of these issues and the next batch of phones will make me switch over. The Lumia 1520 is a great phone, the Note 3 is just better at too many things.
    Jessy1098 likes this.
    12-08-2013 04:47 PM
    Keep your Sony Ericsson. If you're going to buy a smartphone for games, then you don't need any of them.
    borasar and Guytronic like this.
    12-08-2013 10:22 PM
48 12