T-Mobile Time for a flagship Windows Phone....gonna be forced to switch :(

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Sadly the last flagship windows phone that T-Mobile has sold was the HTC HD7, and Dell Venue Pro(freaking awesome concept that should be a WP8.1 device) . They were the cream of the crop in Launch Windows Phone 7 devices.

Later they released the Lumia 925 which is a mid term phone, and the 521 which is low end phone with a crappy camera and screen, no FFC.

I had to switch to T-Mobile for the price and unlimited data. It was a great choice as the service in the Seattle area is great and faster than AT&T.

I currently use an LG G2 and a unlocked Lumia 920. I am in the jump program and I am thinking that the only phone I will get is the iPhone 5s, or G5. We need a flagship device. Come on T-mobile [/rant]

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Been having the same thoughts myself for a while now. My 8x is paid off and was hoping that MWC or Build would bring....something, but only disappointment. I'm in jump as well, but tempted to cut it as it seems that there probably won't be anything I'd want to jump to anytime soon. AT&T looking better with their flagships/exclusives, need to check prices again...perhaps it's time to move.

RandomNinjaAtk

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving T-Mobile also... But in my case, it's for better cellular reception. I was previously with AT&T (November 2013), moved to T-Mobile (for better pricing) and now I'm planning on moving to Aio. I should be making my move next week!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Seems like if T-Mo wanted to draw more people over then the company would offer a better selection all round.
Hard to judge why the "T" doesn't get into the Windows phone more than they do.

Wish we could just buy whatever and use on any carrier in the US.
That sure would make things easier :/
Jumping thru the hoops to get a device unlocked is one of stupidest games played in this country.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I remember when the G1 first came out, I believe T-Mobile was one of the companies supporting the Open handset Alliance. I wonder if this has to do with it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't believe in switching carriers just for a phone. I know a lot of people did that back when just to get an iPhone. Why not just wait and see what this Monarch turns out to be? It doesn't seem that it's the 635. Be patient and good things will come to you.

rory753

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I moved to tmobile because I like not having to worry about getting a carrier restricted phone. I got an international lumia 1520, and like the fact that it's free of bloatware. I gave up LTE to do this(international version doesn't have it), but now you can get the 1520.3 from negri or newegg, and have a better phone then what at&t offers(it has more features and less restrictions).

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm sorry, but I don't believe in switching carriers just for a phone. I know a lot of people did that back when just to get an iPhone. Why not just wait and see what this Monarch turns out to be? It doesn't seem that it's the 635. Be patient and good things will come to you.

They have never had a flagship device since Windows Phone 7 launch party. How long will we have to wait?

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm leaving Tmo at the end of the year. I'm tired of paying inflated prices for int'l models that don't support LTE and playing the ATT unlocking game only to give up AWS. I'm taking my unlocked RM-937 to AIO.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
They have never had a flagship device since Windows Phone 7 launch party. How long will we have to wait?

Sent from LG G2 on T-Mobile. come on T-Mobile get a flagship Windows Phone!!!!!

I don't understand why people don't consider the 925 a flagship. Just because it's a variant of the 920 and came to T-Mo six months after the 920 came to AT&T doesn't mean it's not.

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why people don't consider the 925 a flagship. Just because it's a variant of the 920 and came to T-Mo six months after the 920 came to AT&T doesn't mean it's not.

I would say it was part of their flagship line, sure. But I'm a phone junkie, so I need a fix every 6 months. It's a disease. I'll get help...someday.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site

It lacks qi charging, only 16 gigs of memory make it a lesser device. I don't like having to dump all my pics and video every month. My 920 which I used for about a year and half only had 2 gigs of memory left. The 925 has half the memory and the 925 is over a year old. Since it was released the 1020, 1520, the Icon has been released and the 930 is announced

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I really don't want to leave Tmo, but I DO want a better phone. My 8x is constantly doing random reboots, silly things with the Bluetooth and I could use some more space. Personally, I'm just tired of waiting while the rest of the world gets to enjoy great phones.

RandomNinjaAtk

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just completed my Jump upgrade today: Lumia 925 -> Lumia 521. This way I can cancel out of my T-Mobile service/jump program for only about $125.00, instead of the $380.00 I still owed on the 925. (used my first 6 month jump upgrade).

I already ordered my Aio service, and will be switching them tomorrow. I will be glad to be back on AT&T's network, because they have better coverage. Looks like I'll just be buying all my future phones unlocked and I think it's better that way, because I don't really need a high end device (as much as I love them).

My next phone will probably be the Lumia 635 once there finally available...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3