The Nokia Lumia 630 isn't going to cut it against the Moto E.

Sport Driver

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
But games cannot be moved.better to buy moto g 16 gb by saving money.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Well great than since games are the things that uses most of the place this is useless. You can then load what, like 2 games like Asphalt 8 and FIFA 14 and you are out of memory. And this Moto G is 40-50? more expensive than Moto G 16GB.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Well great than since games are the things that uses most of the place this is useless. You can then load what, like 2 games like Asphalt 8 and FIFA 14 and you are out of memory. And this Moto G is 40-50? more expensive than Moto G 16GB.

But in india moto g is only 14000.many are buying because of the price point but i believe i will go for xperia T 2 ultra mainly for its battery life.it is the excellent mid range android.:D:(:what:

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site

Well that is the fate of low end and mid range devices on any platform......

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

anon(8050146)

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
I also thought the Moto E would be better than the Lumia 630 but just watched a review and.... the moto e is so much worse. The only thing it got that is better is the RAM (and it has a light sensor?) but unlike Android, Windows Phone works preety good with 512 MB RAM. People are just pissed that they will not be able to play some games on such a low-end device.
The Moto E camera, screen and storage are just the low of lows. Camera doesn't have auto-focus, the screen has really some low quality color reproduction and the storage is too tight for anything.
The lumia 630 has an awesome larger display with clearblack for better visualization on daylight, better camera with auto-focus, double internal storage, a better cpu and a better gpu. Compared to the moto E it only lacks the light sensor and less 512MB of RAM which again is not that much of a issue on Windows phone.

So, why it was a disappointement? Because its predecessor was the 620 and in terms of hardware got a bit dumbed down. If this phone was called lumia 530, people would go crazy. But infact, this is a sucessor to the 520 pretty much and with a really big upgrade.

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
moto e got above 1124 ratings in 24 hrs(flipkart) and l630 got hardly got 10 :(....people are going mad about moto..

edit:btw i never knew l520 had krait...:love: i had just noticed the adreno-350....but even with this specs because of the poor porting or dono what even the old temple run acts sort of strange when compared to android ver...it has awesome fps but still sort of sucks..

There are many factors: price difference, madness about android in India, buzz created by social media and websites biased towards android. Plus, Nokia 630 is not yet available on WS Retail, the seller backed by Flipkart. WS retail price and return policy( of 30 days compared to 10 days by other sellers) prompt people to buy from them. People trust WS Retail. People were worried that Moto E would be out of stock soon(and it is out of stock now). More buyers, more reviews. Nonetheless, Moto E is still a steal at that price and you can buy that because that is good phone at that price. You are right, Moto E and Moto G will join forces to hurt sales of Nokia 630. But we will do see certified buyers' reviews as soon as 630 is in stock of WS Retail. Dual SIM + Windows Phone 8.1 = Nokia 630 at this time,no other choice.

Last edited:

Sanjay Chandra

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
You can still play MOST games on 512 MB devices. Temple run 2 included.

Temple Run 2 can run even on 256MB RAM , If games like TR2 need 512MB RAM , then its seriously wrong......with either developer or platform.

I think every game should be able to 512MB RAM devices (yes , even games like San Andreas shouldn't need more than 512MB RAM)....

Commander Will

May 29, 2014
Visit site
As you may know, Motorola just released the Moto E at $130, and it is targeting the same market segment this device is intended to target. The Lumia 630 has a better CPU, but the Moto E has more RAM. Also, it hasn't been pointed out much, but the Lumia 630 will only be marginally faster than the Lumia 520 - it may have twice as many CPU cores and a 20% faster clock speed, but the Cortex A7 cores in the Lumia 630 are slower than the Krait cores in the Lumia 520.
Honestly, it would've made more sense to push the Lumia 525 to a broader market.

Not true. I had a phone with the same specs just like Moto E and now I have Lumia 630 dual sim, which is incomparably faster. Android needs that much RAM but WP apparently does not. Do not get fooled by the hardware alone, OS makes all the difference. Not to mention that WP 8.1 apparently learned not only from own bot also other's mistakes and made a lot of basic apps like mail client better, so there's at least no need to download third party apps.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I haven't tested yet, but at least based on synthetic benchmarks I'd expect the Lumia 630 to actually be slower than the 520 at almost everything except IE. I suspect it won't be noticeably slower though, particularly because very little of the UI is powered by the CPU.

Nokia Lumia 630 review: Bottom up - page 5 - GSMArena.comThe Basemark OS II score for the Lumia 630 is quite telling - 90% of the score of the 1020 running 8.1. Basemark OS II is pretty good, it tests processor, graphics, memory access, browser javascript, the works.

Slower than a 520? Not likely!

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I dont get it.

Why is people comparing the 630 with the Moto E ??

The Moto G is the competition... same processor, same internal memory, double the RAM, front camera, stronger battery, better screen resolution. It loses only by not having sd card.

Here in Brazil the Moto G is cheaper than de Lumia 630 !

I cant imagine why ANYONE would buy the Lumia instead, the hardware is not appealing, the app store is no appealing, the price is not appealing.

For a company in desperate need of more marketshare i would say Microsoft is doing an awful job.

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I exchanged a Lumia 630 for a Moto E. It's an ugly, boring, uninspired phone, and the camera is completely useless. But the screen is much better (more pixels, brighter, oleo-phobic coating), it's more comfortable to hold (smaller, curved) and can actually do things besides making phone calls. Cheaper, too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes