Skies the limit for WP

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
The only way WP can jump ahead the 5% mark is if they can come up with an update that leapfrogs the competition and has some sort of experience that no other operating system has. Whether that be an enticing and unified ecosystem between Windows, WP, and Xbox, or wearable technology, or new phone features, but they have to create an experience that people will want. Playing catch up does not create converts.

You nailed it right on the head.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I know a lot of people disagree. But I couldn't care less how much market share WP has. I have one and like it a lot. Use it daily for email, texting and of course, phone calls (and a few other minor things).

edoug

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft is starting to leverage their media properties in Windows and in WP that create real value and are front and center in Cortana. Take the Sports, News, Health, & Food apps all syncing seamlessly between devices and feeding Cortana's headlines and interests feature. Neither Google not Apple have a platform like it to draw from (Google has some of this but more in aggregation than MSN). The push to make OneNote a distinct platform helps too.

These are the things I think that will fuel the growth.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
That's the rub. They can't seem to get a flagship device on all carriers for some reason. Every other manufacturer can do it, why can't Nokia?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Overhead.......

I've been told by att managers that it all comes down to their cost. People in general are willing to pay premium for Apple not for anything else. The stores stock reflect this.

The carriers can give away Androids including tablets in a bundle and get in sales...anyone's else bundles cost more,and they make less money.

Mac

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Overhead.......

I've been told by att managers that it all comes down to their cost. People in general are willing to pay premium for Apple not for anything else. The stores stock reflect this.

The carriers can give away Androids including tablets in a bundle and get in sales...anyone's else bundles cost more,and they make less money.

Mac

Makes sense. Maybe if Nokia was willing to take a loss to make their phones prices lower and then maybe carriers would be willing to tale them then.

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft is starting to leverage their media properties in Windows and in WP that create real value and are front and center in Cortana. Take the Sports, News, Health, & Food apps all syncing seamlessly between devices and feeding Cortana's headlines and interests feature. Neither Google not Apple have a platform like it to draw from (Google has some of this but more in aggregation than MSN). The push to make OneNote a distinct platform helps too.

These are the things I think that will fuel the growth.

Doubtful. Those aren't the things average consumers look for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes