Come Sail Away

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're assuming the install will be totally glitch-free.

Not really. I'm expecting a protracted process to flash and then shakedown. Plus it has a few bugs to start so... Eager as I am I probably will wait until I return from Lisboa.

Is there such a thing? I prefer to think of myself as being on an extended visa. Just yesterday I fired up the Touchpad for old times' sake and immediately felt the urge to throw my shiny new iPhone 8 and my not-so-new iPad against the wall.

I never saved a webOS device. At times I wish I had. The TouchPad was especially nice, but I even loved my little Veer. LOL.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Had a bobble with my card and had to call my bank, but I got the charge to go through and I have Sailfish X downloading now.

Hope customs let's me into the US with it on my computer. LOL

I'll install it when I get home. Don't want to flash the phone while on the road.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Looking good so far. Had a bit of confusion over the USB drivers for Fastboot. Two different instruction sets and I was following the wrong one at first. Got it sorted and got Sailfish X installed on my Xperia X F5121.

Have the phone jumping through a few hoops already. Microsoft Integration is pretty deep. Loving the UI.

A couple of hurdles to get over still. Need a YouMail apk to sideload and trying to get my Iron browser to sync from desktop. Other things have proceeded pretty easily. So far it's a pretty good return for the time I put in setting up. Very pleased.

Moar soon.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Would you mind posting a short video of maybe your top features of this OS? I am thinking of looking for an Experia X in the future.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Looking good so far. Had a bit of confusion over the USB drivers for Fastboot. Two different instruction sets and I was following the wrong one at first. Got it sorted and got Sailfish X installed on my Xperia X F5121.

Have the phone jumping through a few hoops already. Microsoft Integration is pretty deep. Loving the UI.

A couple of hurdles to get over still. Need a YouMail apk to sideload and trying to get my Iron browser to sync from desktop. Other things have proceeded pretty easily. So far it's a pretty good return for the time I put in setting up. Very pleased.

Moar soon.

Cool! I will be looking forward to more of your thoughts. I'm glad that you got it working.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon