Windows 10 launcher on Google pixel is very convincing

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
It is in the phone wars section. People can share what they find on other brands, and compare it to W10M. There are also dedicated sections for Android and iOS. We are all inclusive here.

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Well, thanks anyway, but I've got a Huawei device with that EMUI ROM.

I ended up having to remove the Windows 10 Lancher, as it was too much of a resource hog and slowed down my phone too much. Well, if I'm leaving Windows 10 for Android, then in for a penny, in for a pound as they say. I've switched to Evie launcher. Getting used to it and liking it pretty well at this point. The app drawer is at least an alphabetical list that shows new installs at the top, so that part makes it easier. One of the things I hated most about Android was the tiled icons to scroll through all your apps. My eyes don't allow me to find what I'm looking for that way. I need it in a list.
I have to agree that launcher 10 is a big resource hog, like you that's why I quit using it. Evie and Arrow launcher are also very good(have used both). Square Home 2 is my current daily driver. Take Windows out of the equation and SH2 is a very good launcher in it's own right. It's much more customizable then W10M.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I have just downloaded the launcher, I'll have a mess around with it over the next few days. It's a bit costly for the live tiles but if I go with it I'd get them.

Using arrow just now, Microsofts launcher, which I am enjoying. It integrates so well with office and onedrive so I'm not sure if I'd change it just now, live tiles or not. Microsoft are developing a really good launcher themselves. But I do miss Windows mobile and its os too.....

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Turns out it was just the EMUI from Huawei that was causing all my headaches. Ever since I installed a custom ROM, I'm able to run Launcher 10 with no issues whatsoever. I've even been able to customize my navbar icons the way I wanted to. I have made them like the full Windows 10 tablet mode. Looks sweet.

Screenshot_20171011-134612.jpg

eigenscape

Aug 3, 2015
Visit site
Here are the problems I had when trying tiles in Android:
1. The number of unread emails isn't displayed in the Outlook tile.
2. Can't get the calendar tile to open Outlook Calendar instead of Google Calendar.

If your tile app solves these problems, please let me know because I would greatly appreciate it.

Also, the Microsoft Launcher has the infuriating problem that when you scroll to the top of the app list, the app list will automatically close. This annoys the **** out of me, and makes it unusable.

Last edited:

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Having a little break on my Huawei P10 from Microsofts official launcher and using SquareHome 2. I've never really given it a fair try before but it's excellent. It offers so much customisation that I wish Windows phones did like long pressing app tiles to go to shortcuts or opening different apps altogether, I can swipe the home page left to have a widget screen for tools and utilities etc, you can even have half tiles or large tiles like on pc. Some of the tiles are Live Tiles but not a lot. You still get app notification counts on the tiles too (toasts) and you can set each app tile to open your default choices like calendar, messaging etc etc.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171026-124723.jpg
    Screenshot_20171026-124723.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20171026-125305.jpg
    Screenshot_20171026-125305.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 24

cptlo306

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Here's a recent screenshot of SquareHome2. I blurred out the calendar tile since it had info in it. The news tile (the one about Trump) is the AP Mobile widget and it changes periodically. It really works great.

epgm0z.png
epgm0z.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes