03-12-2018 10:45 AM
54 123
tools
    Ios is cool but I went with pixel 2 xl its googles 2nd real attempt at a phone and its good. Updates for three years,etc , so I guess ill check back in three years to see what WP has for a phone.
    11-07-2017 07:38 AM
    Worst phone ever for durability. All glass? Get real.
    https://www.techspot.com/news/71758-...y-labeled.html
    11-07-2017 10:38 AM
    I gave up on Windows phones about 8 months ago. Sold them all (except for one 1520) and first bought a used iPhone 6 Plus. Sold that and got a used 6s plus. Very nice.

Now I have 3 iPads, the 6s plus and an 8 plus is coming tomorrow. The integration is awesome, the apps are welcome, and everything just works fine. Typing this on a 10.5" iPad Pro. Best tablets available.

Windows phone is basically just a bad memory now. There is literally nothing that I miss. At this point I don't understand why I clung to WP as long as I did. Like many others here, I just had an irrational hatred of Apple.

Just let go of your hate, and come over the dark side. That's what I did, and I could not be happier.

Yes, I tried Android first. S7 Edge. While the phone itself (hardware) is awesome, Android 7 is just an ugly mess. If you liked Windows 98, you will love Android. I mean, an app to kill apps that you closed 2 days ago (because they are draining the battery STILL), and to clean the memory? Really? This stuff was all automatic on WP, and is all automatic on iOS.
    Last edited by naddy6969; 11-08-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    11-08-2017 08:51 PM
    OK, I switched temporarily from my Lumia 950XL on Windows 10 1709 to an iPhone 6 on iOS 11.2.6. Assuming I survive a week or two, I will order a newer better iPhone for continued use.

First impression: Holy crap, what a fugly convoluted operating system this is.
    Second impression: I can actually find and install useful apps on this thing. It supports Wi-Fi calling and a host of other features that my 950XL should have but never did.
    Third impression: How the heck do I get my old SMS moved over?

With all the Microsoft apps installed including Outlook, Edge and Cortana, and the corresponding widgets enabled, I *almost* have the functionality that the live tiles gave me, just not as pretty or customizable. Office apps for some reason are complaining about old file formats, where the ones on Windows just worked. Oh well.

One thing of note: I had an iPhone before, several years ago. Fully one-third of the apps in my account are no longer available. Just to let you know that Microsoft is not the only one with some developers that don't care about their apps or users.

The only very big annoyance I'm seeing so far is I have not found a way to import my old SMS history. I guess I'm stuck carrying a WP around for a while in case I need to refer back to any of that, or rely on the fact that Skype on my desktop still has a copy of *most* of it, Skype never did work exactly right for SMS, and Skype on iOS doesn't seem to see it at all.
    03-12-2018 10:45 AM
54 123