Photos not showing at chronological order anymore

StephCG

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I formatted my SD card due to duplicate musics and when I passed everything back to the SD, the camera roll photos were not all on chronological order anymore, when I copy then, they are show as in the correct order on the SD (on my PC), but on the phone no, all the movies are on the bottom and although
almost all photos are in order, the ones taken by the blink app and all videos are on bottom.
Also, when I select to show all my photos on the phone by date, it appears that all the videos and the blink photos are from march 2014 (when they are older than that).
And Nokia storyteller shows the same, all videos as if from march...
Actually they are all dated on the phone as from the day I copied them back to the SD.
I just don't understand why... Especially the videos are all on the bottom... =/
Is there a way to put the photos on the camera roll back on the order that they were taken, the chronological order?

Thank you so much and sorry for my english, =)

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I can understand why your phone is doing this - it will order the contents of your folder by date created or date indexed on the phone itself, which is why it's all ordered by March 14th. Does it say that your photos were created on March 14th too? If it does, I'm pretty sure there's no way to transfer new files (or files that the phone thinks are new) and tell the OS that those files are newer than the first date the OS indexed them.

StephCG

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I can understand why your phone is doing this - it will order the contents of your folder by date created or date indexed on the phone itself, which is why it's all ordered by March 14th. Does it say that your photos were created on March 14th too? If it does, I'm pretty sure there's no way to transfer new files (or files that the phone thinks are new) and tell the OS that those files are newer than the first date the OS indexed them.

Oh, I just checked the properties of the photos, and they all have a field called 'date taken' filled with the date they were taken. All the videos have a 'created' field that are blank.
I did a test and put a date for one video and copied it to the phone, and the phone identified it with the correct date. :smile:
Thanks for telling me about these date created and date indexed. The date (or the absence of it) will define how the phone will show the files.
Now I just need to put the dates on the videos that I know and they will be in order.
And with storyteller it will be really cool to arrange the phots taken with my Lumia and save the moments.
Thank you again! ^.^

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goergtalk