Ghost pictures - I deleted these!

BarryII

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have black squares in my PHOTOS app where there used to be photos or videos that I deleted. I can't delete these squares because no menu appears with a long press, and I can't view anything with a short press. I'm afraid they're not really deleted and an app might be able to exploit this and see them. I don't want them on the cloud either. I don't see any indication of them when I plug the phone in my PC and look use Windows Explorer. How do I get rid of these black squares? Here's a video:

[video]http://tinypic.com/r/zv66fs/8[/video]

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Try soft resetting the phone and checking if those pictures are still there. Apps are sandboxed, which means they kind of live in their own environment. I doubt any other app can access those pictures.

Try setting the folder options of your PC to show hidden files, the connect your phone to the pc again and navigate to the pictures folder, if the pictures are still on the phone, but hidden (which seems unlikely), then they should show up now

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Are you running w10? I have seen this in earlier builds of w10, but not on the recent ones (except for pictures I save via my browser). I haven't seen this behavior on wp8.1 tho

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon