Dropped Calls - The Neo or the Network?

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I've started noticing something slightly unsettling lately since I've gotten my ATIV S Neo. I've been dropping a lot of calls. For example, I had 4 phone calls with different people yesterday, and every single one of them got dropped, sometimes more than once. I want to believe this is a problem with the network, but I have consistent full bars in my area. Everything *seems* fine according to the network signal I'm supposedly getting. I've tried all the Sprint steps for having problems with calls - updating network profile, soft resets, etc.

This isn't a problem with the OS. It seems like a problem with either the hardware or the network. I rarely, if ever, dropped calls on my old phone before upgrading, and now it's happening like it's going out of style. Searches online don't show much, and I'm wondering if this is happening to anyone else.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Were all the calls in the same place or various locations? You can check out the root metrics site to see the network coverage in your city or area.

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Were all the calls in the same place or various locations? You can check out the root metrics site to see the network coverage in your city or area.

I'd say location was split 50/50 between two spots. My area (St. Louis) typically has great network coverage for Sprint, as indicated by more than one map. Like I mentioned, I usually have full bars of signal. I wasn't driving anywhere when the calls were dropped. This just didn't happen on my old device.

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
Funny enough, I thought of that and tried speakerphone, holding it with different hands, etc. Not really sure that made a difference. If that problem ever came back up again on newer phones, it'd be laughable.

enthuz

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
In my area this happens a lot whenever Sprint is upgrading or testing the local towers. I verify with my local corporate Sprint store when it happens, because they are affected to during demos and etc. I can't complain too much because when they are done my service gets better each time.

qhendricks

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I verified with both Sprint's reps and their technical services that there are no upgrades or outage issues in my area... so .. it's the phone. Store is ordering me a new one since I'm within the 14 day purchase window. Unhappy that a great OS experience for me could be marred by sub-par quality thanks to Sprint and Samsung.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes