Will the ATT variant of this phone get 8.1 update from ATT?

theargonaut33

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
I really like this phone but I'm not going to be happy sticking with just 8.0 and I don't know of other phones in the display size of this one for Windows Phone on ATT. I know you can install the dev preview and all that but i'm wondering if anyone knows if ATT will update this phone to 8.1. I never see much with this phone so I'm guessing ATT will just ignore it but I'm hoping someone may have some information otherwise. Also, if I go the 8.1 dev route, can I get back to ATT stock 8.0? Thanks in advance.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has already stated that all current phones will get the update. The timing of it will depend on the carrier of course.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Microsoft has already stated that all current phones will get the update. The timing of it will depend on the carrier of course.

the carriers still have the final say, see the Lumia 810.
We don't know, it might, it might not. There is no news on that front.
Not sure if. ATIV's have a ROM tool like the Nokia Care Suite and stuff.

bleargh

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes you can upgrade via DP. No you can't roll back. There are no roms available to use the limited tools available for this phone. If you upgrade to DP and never have to hard reset, you'll be fine. If you reset, the phone won't properly read carrier settings and you won't be able to receive MMS or do group texts (even if you manually enter the APN).

danielm298

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Yes.im running DP 8.1..
no problems....i really like this phone, and I do own a 1020 and a 925... The Lumias are just a tad bit smoother, but u wouldn't notice it if UV never owned one...i likey.😁

Byu1

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I'm already running developer review, can I still get the real update? or should I opt out?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon