Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
I also installed without any problem except its take some time ( approx. 45min) ..my fimware is 24.24.13.11.2.. But couple a days ago i notice some akward thing, when i enter Settings-About, there is no number for Software Radio Version and Hardware Radio Version? Does someone else has a same problem? everything works fine, but i dont have those numbers.. My phone is Ativ S gt-i8750 and its interlop unlocked..i have one more Ativ s, with same configuration of software ( i mean interlop unlocked, wp 8.1 PfD) and i have those number on that phone.. :) p.s. I tried hard restart.. :)

maki01

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I also installed without any problem except its take some time ( approx. 45min) ..my fimware is 24.24.13.11.2.. But couple a days ago i notice some akward thing, when i enter Settings-About, there is no number for Software Radio Version and Hardware Radio Version? Does someone else has a same problem? everything works fine, but i dont have those numbers.. My phone is Ativ S gt-i8750 and its interlop unlocked..i have one more Ativ s, with same configuration of software ( i mean interlop unlocked, wp 8.1 PfD) and i have those number on that phone.. :) p.s. I tried hard restart.. :)

Software Radio Version and Hardware Radio Version number is empty because you make a hard reset of your device. If you install 8.1 without hard reset you will have a number for software and hardware version.

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
Software Radio Version and Hardware Radio Version number is empty because you make a hard reset of your device. If you install 8.1 without hard reset you will have a number for software and hardware version.

tnx for clearing it up for me..so everythings is fine? :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I guess the random restarts aren't much of a big deal for me, since they happen only sometimes. How is it that you have 40 different CSCs?! Perhaps a model version difference? I think I have only 4 or 5 CSCs on my GT-I8750 ATIV S.

I hope the new OS update brings the battery improvements claimed, I have been reading in the forums that some people ( on Wp 8.0 mind you) manage to get battery life of almost 2 days with regular use (3g+wifi+nfc) and I never have been able to get past a day with moderate use unless I have celluar data off, I guess they might be exaggerating a little bit! Also my phone shuts down at 4% battery, I thought this was an OS controlled thing, do you have the same?

If it is September that we are looking at for the firmware I guess its not too far away.
Yup, 40 different CSC's, it's the same international (uk version) of ATIV S, the i8750 (and I am from Macedonia), that model was for purchasing in the T-Mobile MK shops. When i saw it at first i thought, ok, there are maybe 20 CSC's which i thought is normal, but when i really count them, they were 40 CSC's, lol.
Yes, I have mine on GDR3 and the battery life is perfect (despite those occasional warm-up), btw, i haven't had warm-ups in the last month, maybe the software finally "learn" how to work with the hardware, hehe. The battery on my ATIV S is awesome, i recharge it after full 3 days (around 70 hours), and i plug it to charge it when it reach the 20-25% mark battery %, so that means i use around 75-80% of the battery in 70 hours. My wifi finder and mobile data internet are turned off when i don't use them, most of the background tasks are blocked (beside Samsung Now used only for weather and Insider, battery monitor, the best i used). I turn wifi or mobile data only when i need them, I like to check my apps manually.
However, it's not the question if we gonna get the update, we will, the only question now is when (maybe september, maybe later) but we are getting it. :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft just release one update. And my Ativ S still with error code 801881e1 for checking updates. Any fix for this, guys? Or this is the end until OEM firmware (IF it comes)
Sent from my Ativ S using Tapatalk
There is a fix here on this forums, just search for it. I am writing you now from my phone, but once i get to the computer i will search for the links and will post it here or send you via PM. Don't you worry :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hard reset will do the trick :)

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Technically that's true, but not quite. Many people think when they upgrade, for example from GDR2 to GDR3 or WP8.1 to GDR1, that when finish upgrading, phone normally hard resets on it's own and they think that's enough, but not quite. The trick i learned being a Windows Mobile enthusiast and later a WM6.5 ROM cook, is when you flash a new ROM (that's basically what you do when upgrade, flashing a new ROM) it was recommended to hard reset the phone 1-2 times after flashing the new ROM and phone reboots. that's mainly cuz the hard reset makes sure you have removed the leftovers from the previous ROM so no interuptions or bug will occur. The same thing is with WP too. So, whenever you upgrade to the next update/upgrade, phone will hard reset when updating/upgrade finish, but when the phone goes up again, wait for about 10 minutes (so to be sure processes are all up) and then hard reset the phone again (Settings>About>Reset Phone) before you do any additional settings or installing anything. :)

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
i tried 2 hard restars in two days since i saw there is no numbers.. :) i also had copule of restarssince icame to wp 8.1... everything works just fine on my device, but i dont have these numbers and its really going me crazy... :)make me question myself why? is it my chip ok?

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The reason Hardware and Software Radio version numbers don't show up is that you're using firmware that doesn't support the OS version. No amount of Factory Resets will fix it either, however I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's the same on my i8750 as well and it works perfectly.

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
tnx neo158, but thing which confuse me is that i have another ativ s with same firmware and same verison of wp 8.1, and its shows numbers.. :) i figure it out that is not big deal, and my phone works perfectly..but i want to share it with you and see what is yours opinions.. :)

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
tnx neo158, but thing which confuse me is that i have another ativ s with same firmware and same verison of wp 8.1, and its shows numbers.. :) i figure it out that is not big deal, and my phone works perfectly..but i want to share it with you and see what is yours opinions.. :)

This is going to be a silly question but, are you sure the ATIV S that is showing the Radio H/W and S/W versions is actually running WP 8.1?

miki89

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
This is going to be a silly question but, are you sure the ATIV S that is showing the Radio H/W and S/W versions is actually running WP 8.1?

hehe of course i m sure.. :) same phones GT-I8750 :) same firmware, same wp 8.1 PfD.. :)both running well, one showing rhe numbers other doesnt.. i can make screenshoots.. :)

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Yup, 40 different CSC's, it's the same international (uk version) of ATIV S, the i8750 (and I am from Macedonia), that model was for purchasing in the T-Mobile MK shops. When i saw it at first i thought, ok, there are maybe 20 CSC's which i thought is normal, but when i really count them, they were 40 CSC's, lol.
Yes, I have mine on GDR3 and the battery life is perfect (despite those occasional warm-up), btw, i haven't had warm-ups in the last month, maybe the software finally "learn" how to work with the hardware, hehe. The battery on my ATIV S is awesome, i recharge it after full 3 days (around 70 hours), and i plug it to charge it when it reach the 20-25% mark battery %, so that means i use around 75-80% of the battery in 70 hours. My wifi finder and mobile data internet are turned off when i don't use them, most of the background tasks are blocked (beside Samsung Now used only for weather and Insider, battery monitor, the best i used). I turn wifi or mobile data only when i need them, I like to check my apps manually.
However, it's not the question if we gonna get the update, we will, the only question now is when (maybe september, maybe later) but we are getting it. :)

Boris, how come you get so much life out of your ATIV S battery? If i follow your method in using services only when i need them (3g,wifi) i can get a maximum of 1 day and about 16 hours...and its been like this since i ever got the phone almost a year ago...this is with most background apps disabled. How can this be? Am i doing something wrong or perhaps my batt. is just that way?

cuetech10

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have any news or speculation as to when we will get this firmware from Samsung and/or Microsoft? Also, if we have already upgraded to the Developer Preview, how will we even install the firmware update? Cause I was under the impression that you couldn't roll back to a previous OS version. For instance how would I get back to just 8.0 before I installed the 8.1 Developer Preview and then Update 1 and now this latest update of 8.10.14157.200?

ATIV S Neo
Model: Samsung SPH-1800
OS Version: 8.10.14157.200
Firmware: 2216.14.01.2
Hardware: 3.19.1.0

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Does anybody have any news or speculation as to when we will get this firmware from Samsung and/or Microsoft? Also, if we have already upgraded to the Developer Preview, how will we even install the firmware update? Cause I was under the impression that you couldn't roll back to a previous OS version. For instance how would I get back to just 8.0 before I installed the 8.1 Developer Preview and then Update 1 and now this latest update of 8.10.14157.200?

ATIV S Neo
Model: Samsung SPH-1800
OS Version: 8.10.14157.200
Firmware: 2216.14.01.2
Hardware: 3.19.1.0
The answers you are looking are already answered in this thread, start reading from page one. And you have ATIV S Neo, which is not quite ATIV S, but maybe i am wrong. but do start reading the thread from Page 1 :)))))

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Boris, how come you get so much life out of your ATIV S battery? If i follow your method in using services only when i need them (3g,wifi) i can get a maximum of 1 day and about 16 hours...and its been like this since i ever got the phone almost a year ago...this is with most background apps disabled. How can this be? Am i doing something wrong or perhaps my batt. is just that way?

1. Yes it might be your battery. In that case i will recommend to get a new original Samsung ATIV S battery (don't go for the cheap Chinese ones) and use it for a month, see if there is any difference. If the new battery is behaving like the old one, then you have a SW issues. Do notice that today's batteries are "smart" batteries, they "learn" how the person use it's phone.
2. 1 day and 16 hours is not a bad battery life, that means you use your phone more often than me. That is the good battery life. don't forget that ATIV S's screen is HD Super AMOLED. That means when is on white backgrounds, the whole screen is turned on and that is a battery hungry thing. Notice when you use FB Messenger or Facebook app, they both have white backgrounds, your phone is getting warmer, and now notice when you use WP Central App, which is black background, the phone is not even getting warm, it stays cool. Also in both cases notice the battery before and after using FB Messenger and FB App and WP Central app. Just for example, use all 3 apps for 10 minutes, FB Messenger and FB App will drain your battery 6-7%, while WPCentral only 1-2%, that's the difference. When the Super AMOLED screen shows blacks, that's actually no "lights" turned on in the display, anything than black, the "lights" in the display are turned on. The whiter or brigther the color is, the more battery hungry is the screen. That's AMOLED! :)
3. I don't use my ATIV S that much for internet, GPS Navigation or reading news, blah blah blah. Here i made you a screenshot of my battery life since my last charging. the conditions for this last battery life since last charge are:
- I am turning wi-fi and data only when i need them, when i finish i turn them off. (Do not let Wi-Fi turned on so it can constantly searching for wi-fi spots, that eats more battery than when you are surfing the net during wi-fi connection).
- Location (GPS), Wi-Fi finder, Data, Bluetooth, NFC, etc by MY default, all are OFF. Again, turn them ON just when i need them.
- Checking Twitter + Facebook + Chatting on FB Messenger and WhatsApp + Checking sport scores... in 2 words, Using INTERNET... around 2-3 horus per day total.
- Taking pictures ... 5-10 per day and 2-3 videos (720p or 1080p recorded) per day.
- Using GPS Navigation, around an hour per day.
- Background tasks for (apps I have on my phone like YouTube HD, Facebook, FB Messenger, Whatsapp, Shazam, GPS Calculator, Twitter, WPCentral, MyAppFree) are all blocked. You don't need them working in the background if your wi-fi or datta are turned off. More of them, the moment you connect on internet are refreshing themselfs, presenting you new notifications. The only apps I have allowed in the background tasks are: Samsung NOW (using it only for the weather, all other things are turned off) and Insider (the best battery app on the market, this task needs to be allowed cuz it needs to monitor your battery life and behavior)
- HotMail is set to DAILY check for new content, since i am not depending that much on email. For users that are tight with emails, any other option is good, but not "As they arrived" cuz that is proven to be a major battery life killer.
- Other minor settings, mostly for my own preference.
Bellow are the screenshots so you can see it for your self. Thats the prove! :)
Battery_Life-ATIV_S.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon