12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    What's your suggestion?
    1. Just wait and hope for a FW update?
    2. Change CSC and hard reset and hope for an update?
    3. Flash a new GDR2 ROM with ATO CSC and hope for updates?
    4. Quit hope and go back to Android?!
    A lot of people are waiting and hoping for an OS and/or FW update.
    Option 2 is no option for you, cause none of your CSC is confirmed to get the update, yet.
    You could always do option 3 or just go back to WP8.0 GDR2 with a working camera and wait for WP8.1 update
    But never go for option 4.
    11-17-2014 03:55 PM
    And then I changed the CSC to DBT, hard reset, still nothing.
    11-17-2014 05:16 PM
    And then I changed the CSC to DBT, hard reset, still nothing.
    Thx very much for the info Motel75. Every bit of info helps.

I guess it's safe to say (based on your experience) that the FW or OS update is not dependent ONLY on the CSC. It might be dependent on CSC and IEMI as Neo said.

Or then again the God of Samsung might be looking down now saying:
    " Behold, I am the LORD and I work in mysterious ways. It's a totally random process and has nothing to do with CSC our IMEI"!
    Motel75 likes this.
    11-17-2014 07:23 PM
    But never go for option 4.
    I would go to apple before going to android

Scratch that I would go without a mobile if I had to have a android handset
    Kambiz IranParast likes this.
    11-17-2014 09:29 PM
    I am patiently watching the DBT CSC and will post if I get the update (PfD device)
    11-18-2014 03:48 AM
    Hello there!

I've got a question concerning the new firmware and the corresponding bluetooth version/compatibility.
    (I'm trying to find compatible bluetooth devices, Bluetooth smart, Bluetooth LE, etc.)
    How can I check the compatibility? Diagnosis codes seem not to give the version and available information apps in store do not display this kind of information.

Thank you very much for your help.

(for info I've updated to the latest firmware using the following: a flash back to GDR2 with ATO CSC and updated everything, all went fine).
    11-18-2014 05:47 AM
    Hello there!

I've got a question concerning the new firmware and the corresponding bluetooth version/compatibility.
    (I'm trying to find compatible bluetooth devices, Bluetooth smart, Bluetooth LE, etc.)
    How can I check the compatibility? Diagnosis codes seem not to give the version and available information apps in store do not display this kind of information.

Thank you very much for your help.

(for info I've updated to the latest firmware using the following: a flash back to GDR2 with ATO CSC and updated everything, all went fine).
    Hi Mirakle,

Sorry. I can't answer your question but I like to ask you a question.

Can you please tell me which one of the procedures you used to flash your Rom to GDR2 with CSC of ATO?

There are too many different procedures in this forum. Did you use the one on the very first page of this forum written by "megadragon998"?

Thx very much
    11-18-2014 12:17 PM
    Hi Mirakle,

Sorry. I can't answer your question but I like to ask you a question.

Can you please tell me which one of the procedures you used to flash your Rom to GDR2 with CSC of ATO?

There are too many different procedures in this forum. Did you use the one on the very first page of this forum written by "megadragon998"?

Thx very much
    Many used the method posted in the opening post of this thread (the first post) successfully, that's why that post is edited later with that method.
    11-18-2014 01:38 PM
    I should ask these days the guys on the ATIV S section over the XDA-Developers if there is a code to see that.
    Did you got some answers already?

BTW: (going really offtopic now) You might wanna change your signature, as Bill Cosby is being accused for rape and what not.
    11-19-2014 12:08 AM
    Did you got some answers already?

BTW: (going really offtopic now) You might wanna change your signature, as Bill Cosby is being accused for rape and what not.
    Or I can just delete his name at the end of the signature, right? :) Nah, will think of something else, I did get bored with this already but i am too lazy to change it :)
    Yeah, I have contacted few WP hackers/developers/geeks about this, and they told me that there is no code for that ... yet. But soon as they find a code or a way to see that, they will posted. I am XDA-Developer member since ... dunno... maybe their start? So over the years there and also being a contributed WM6.5 developer on those forums i gain some cool friendships. Bottom line, if they find a way or code for that, I will be posted that here ASAP. :)

EDIT: Better signature now? :)
    Last edited by Boris NevermorE; 11-19-2014 at 01:01 AM.
    11-19-2014 12:42 AM
    I've already had rom files and flasher on my hard drive and just flashed!
    I've checked the first page procedure and you should be perfectly fine with it.
    11-19-2014 02:39 AM
    O.S. 8.10.14203.306 latest PfD

FW 2424.13.5.1- 8.0 GDR2 if i'm correct

I have ATO BTU DBT and neither of them works, no official update for me, my friend has the same Ativ as mine, he is on DBT and never been on PfD and recently got official 8.1.1 update.. What about me?

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cedogares; 11-19-2014 at 06:25 AM.
    11-19-2014 04:24 AM
    As numerously mentioned/infered before, PfD devices are on a different "update stream" than non-PfD ones.

(Still no update on DBT PfD)
    11-19-2014 07:48 AM
    I previously posted that after flashing to ATO CSC, Internet Sharing didn't work. I changed CSC to XEO, and then Internet Sharing worked again.

However, nobody else on this forum confirmed that, so I decided to try ATO again today. So now I'm back to ATO and Internet Sharing is still working.

Weird!

I've also re-activated PfD - and IS is still working.
    wp_ss_20141120_0001.png
    Boris NevermorE likes this.
    11-20-2014 03:57 AM
    As numerously mentioned/infered before, PfD devices are on a different "update stream" than non-PfD ones.

(Still no update on DBT PfD)
    Yes, they are but when the official update is installed then it reverts back to the non-PfD update stream instead until the PfD app is reactivated.
    11-20-2014 05:16 AM
    Well I am finally ready to take the plunge to WP 8.1

Currently on WP 8 GDR3, CSC:TGY, unbranded

wp_ss_20141121_0001.png
    11-21-2014 10:37 AM
    Well I am finally ready to take the plunge to WP 8.1

Currently on WP 8 GDR3, CSC:TGY, unbranded

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20141121_0001.png 
Views:	147 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	88683
    Do it, you know you want to!!!!! ;-D
    11-21-2014 11:14 AM
    Good news everyone!

Completed the update to my phone it is working perfectly. Love the new UI and features, it much more refined than the developer preview I tried back May. Obviously they ironed out all the kinks.

I regret not doing it sooner as suggested by Boris NevermorE earlier this month.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I am now getting to know my 'new phone' I will post my experiences.

wp_ss_20141122_0001.png
    11-21-2014 10:48 PM
    Good news everyone!

Completed the update to my phone it is working perfectly. Love the new UI and features, it much more refined than the developer preview I tried back May. Obviously they ironed out all the kinks.

I regret not doing it sooner as suggested by Boris NevermorE earlier this month.

Thanks everyone for all your advice. I am now getting to know my 'new phone' I will post my experiences.

Name:	wp_ss_20141122_0001.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	88735
    That's an interesting firmware revision, several major versions higher than the rest of us at 2608.13.01.1
    Kambiz IranParast and maki01 like this.
    11-22-2014 04:31 AM
    My phone has DBT CSC and PfD. Should I change it to BTU so I may get the firmware update or should I just wait?
    11-23-2014 06:44 AM
    Good news everyone!

Name:	wp_ss_20141122_0001.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	88735
    that's quite higher firmware revision but lower bootloader version than mine. is the developer preview. what's yout CSC.
    wp_ss_20141123_0001.jpg
    11-23-2014 07:34 AM
    My phone has DBT CSC and PfD. Should I change it to BTU so I may get the firmware update or should I just wait?
    I wouldn't bother as updates are rolled out according to CSC and IMEI. Even if a CSC is getting more updates than your current one, your IMEI might not be one that's receiving the update yet.
    11-23-2014 08:24 AM
    I wouldn't bother as updates are rolled out according to CSC and IMEI. Even if a CSC is getting more updates than your current one, your IMEI might not be one that's receiving the update yet.
    Hi Neo,

How do we know that the updates depend on those two factors (CSC and IMEI)?
    Is it something that has been found out based on the updates rolled out so far?

Thank you
    11-23-2014 08:55 AM
    that's quite higher firmware revision but lower bootloader version than mine. is the developer preview. what's yout CSC.

Name:	wp_ss_20141123_0001.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	133.7 KB 
ID:	88831
    It's a Honk Kong CSC, he had same numbers as for the revision number and bootloader number when he was on WP8 GDR3 prior updating to WP8.1.1. So for what i can see, he is running WP8.1.1 but with firmare from WP8 GDR3 (according from his screenshots he provided in his previous post), but i might be wrong, i don't know (about his firmware)
    Here is his post from back then asking about his FR Number.
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/sam...tm#post2828995
    11-23-2014 09:32 AM
    Hi Neo,

How do we know that the updates depend on those two factors (CSC and IMEI)?
    Is it something that has been found out based on the updates rolled out so far?

Thank you
    Based on previous experiences, it is like new158 said, that is depend on CSC and IMEI numbers. But we cannot know in which order they will push the update, only Samsung knows that.
    11-23-2014 09:35 AM
2,690 ... 6162636465 ...