12-16-2016 07:34 AM
2,690 ... 7677787980 ...
tools
    Or will they skip that like 8.1 and get straight to 10? Hmmm.
    Last edited by Dusan Randj; 03-04-2015 at 05:26 PM.
    03-04-2015 05:08 PM
    Hi all,

I have an Ativ S, ATO CSC, with the software version that you will see in the screenshot.

wp_ss_20150305_0001.jpg

It is running Developer Preview. If I try to search for updates, an error message will be displayed with a code (sorry, I did not write it down). I can add it later if needed.

If I uncheck the option to be in the Developers Preview inside the corresponding app, and I go to Phone Update, it will tell me that the phone is up to date.

I have many camera bugs (flash fires randomly, and I cannot film).

What should I do???
    03-05-2015 10:16 AM
    Hi all,

I have an Ativ S, ATO CSC, with the software version that you will see in the screenshot.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20150305_0001.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	98998

It is running Developer Preview. If I try to search for updates, an error message will be displayed with a code (sorry, I did not write it down). I can add it later if needed.

If I uncheck the option to be in the Developers Preview inside the corresponding app, and I go to Phone Update, it will tell me that the phone is up to date.

What should I do???
    What other CSC's you have? Do you have any of the CSC that got the WP8.1.1 officially? (they are mention in the first post of this thread) :)
    03-05-2015 10:23 AM
    Hi all,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20150305_0001.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	98998

What should I do???
    If I'm not wrong, you have the GDR3 firmware with 8.1 software. So far, acording to my and experience from people on this thread it won't update to 8.1.1 official.
    SImple solution is to do as shown in post 1, flash it with GDR2 and allow it to update to official 8.1.1 and bring you the joy of you reborn phone.

Or try changing (if possible) to some of CSCs as shown in first post and see if it will update, but most likely it won't.
    03-05-2015 10:32 AM
    Hey Boris, sorry, been busy with work and messing around with WP8.1.1. Totally forgot about here...
    03-05-2015 11:01 AM
    So far, I'm loving it! It feels like a new phone again ;D I'll try to get to 10 post and do some screenshots! Which probably be the same as everyone else with the update...
    03-05-2015 11:02 AM
    here it is...
    03-05-2015 11:08 AM
    Ok, I lied, here it is...
    03-05-2015 11:08 AM
    Ok, I lied again...I don't see the button to say upload image...I mean I see the upload image button but I don't see the final button to upload it.
    03-05-2015 11:13 AM
    Haha, stupid me, it was the "upload file/s" link, hahaha, feel like a dumb a$$ ;P

wp_ss_20150305_0002.pngwp_ss_20150305_0001.png
    03-05-2015 11:15 AM
    If I'm not wrong, you have the GDR3 firmware with 8.1 software. So far, acording to my and experience from people on this thread it won't update to 8.1.1 official.
    SImple solution is to do as shown in post 1, flash it with GDR2 and allow it to update to official 8.1.1 and bring you the joy of you reborn phone.

Or try changing (if possible) to some of CSCs as shown in first post and see if it will update, but most likely it won't.
    Thanks a lot for your answer! I think it has GDR3 firmware.

Bummer, I will have to try the more complex solution.
    03-05-2015 11:27 AM
    What other CSC's you have? Do you have any of the CSC that got the WP8.1.1 officially? (they are mention in the first post of this thread) :)

Thanks for the idea, I remember that there were like 5 or 6 options. I will check when I get back home.
    03-05-2015 11:30 AM
    Thanks for the idea, I remember that there were like 5 or 6 options. I will check when I get back home.
    Do post back what will be your final results, so we can know whether you need our help or not :)
    03-05-2015 03:20 PM
    Who wants the W10? :D

wmpoweruser.com/windows-10-mobile-technical-preview-hacked-onto-the-samsung-ativ-s/

03-05-2015 09:06 PM
    What happened to the Ativ S section in the forum? See http://forums.windowscentral.com/
    Since a couple of days it is gone. It only shows Ativ SE
    wc1.png

Also not there in section Samsung Devices

wc2.png

Edit: I found it. It is now under "Windows Central Archives"
    I guess we are ancient now.
    WinSammie likes this.
    03-06-2015 03:57 AM
    hmm... yes we are "Archived". Its time to buy a new phone.
    Personally I am waiting for some new WP10 high end phones from Microsoft
    Dan Preda and faizil like this.
    03-06-2015 05:04 AM
    The 640 looks nice with the MS brand
    03-06-2015 01:03 PM
    I have an Ativ S with MS Band...and it look nice too
    Sent from my Ativ S with Tapatalk 2
    03-06-2015 01:25 PM
    hmm... yes we are "Archived". Its time to buy a new phone.
    Personally I am waiting for some new WP10 high end phones from Microsoft
    I too am waiting for the next Lumia flagship, although the new Galaxy S6 Edge in green looks absolutely beautiful, if Samsung release a Windows variant I'm sold. However, if the ATIV S gets the 10 update, I see no reason to move I'm a hurry.
    03-08-2015 07:14 AM
    This is kinda dissapointing to see Ativ S getting archived but ok, i really hope samsung doesn't leave us at least until 2016.
    faizil and cbmago like this.
    03-08-2015 10:33 AM
    Do post back what will be your final results, so we can know whether you need our help or not :)

I changed the CSC to DBT and BTU, but I do not receive the updates. It seems that flashing the phone to grd2 is the only way possible!

Thanks for your help 🍺
    03-09-2015 08:29 AM
    I changed the CSC to DBT and BTU, but I do not receive the updates. It seems that flashing the phone to grd2 is the only way possible!

Thanks for your help 🍺
    So, how much time did you let between CSC's changing before you switch to another? Sometimes it needs a day sometimes its instant, I mean the updates.
    03-09-2015 10:20 AM
    So, how much time did you let between CSC's changing before you switch to another? Sometimes it needs a day sometimes its instant, I mean the updates.

First of all, the phone was already in ATO, and it was in that status for months, or even a year.

When I changed to other CSCs, I did it for a couple of minutes. Last time I left it in the new CSC, without returning to ATO. A couple of hours have passed.
    03-09-2015 11:37 AM
    First of all, the phone was already in ATO, and it was in that status for months, or even a year.

When I changed to other CSCs, I did it for a couple of minutes. Last time I left it in the new CSC, without returning to ATO. A couple of hours have passed.
    Hmm, dunno if this will work but it doesn't hurt to try:
    First try changing one CSC and leave it for lets say 24 hours and see what happens, you never know.
    Second of all, try to disconnect your network (or turn the phone on without a sim or network turned on), then try with this changing CSC's, but also change the region on the phone to be corresponding to the CSC you are using, for example, if you use ATO, turn the region on your phone to Austria, if you use NEE, turn your phone region to Sweden, etc. (see this post of mine how i solved the error i got when my ATIV S got the official update 8.1.1, my phone was and still is on NEE, so i changed the region to Sweden and i manage to pass the error and install the official update). See what happens.
    I know this will take some time for you to testing, but my point here was to try all options before you flash any rom. As i see you already have many of the CSC's that got the official update, so if they didn't get it, chances they get it on the new room are none.
    If you tried everything and still not on 8.1.1 then, go ahead and flash the rom. Wish you luck! :)
    03-09-2015 01:54 PM
    Hmm, dunno if this will work but it doesn't hurt to try:
    First try changing one CSC and leave it for lets say 24 hours and see what happens, you never know.
    Second of all, try to disconnect your network (or turn the phone on without a sim or network turned on), then try with this changing CSC's, but also change the region on the phone to be corresponding to the CSC you are using, for example, if you use ATO, turn the region on your phone to Austria, if you use NEE, turn your phone region to Sweden, etc. (see this post of mine how i solved the error i got when my ATIV S got the official update 8.1.1, my phone was and still is on NEE, so i changed the region to Sweden and i manage to pass the error and install the official update). See what happens.
    I know this will take some time for you to testing, but my point here was to try all options before you flash any rom. As i see you already have many of the CSC's that got the official update, so if they didn't get it, chances they get it on the new room are none.
    If you tried everything and still not on 8.1.1 then, go ahead and flash the rom. Wish you luck! :)

Great advice! I will experiment a bit more before taking drastic measures.😓
    03-09-2015 02:02 PM
2,690 ... 7677787980 ...