Latest Samsung Ativ S firmware updates

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My torrent with all firmwares. magnet:?xt=urn:btih:LM3HOKDOMHO5YXVFKIOOBU63P3XRKBRP&dn=I8750_All_In_One
You can't post link until you reach 10 posts.
However, remove this magnet link of the torrent and instead paste the page link where your torrent is and then post the link without the "http://www." part, cuz people will copy/paste that in address bar on their browsers and "http://www." will automatically be added :).
Then, when you reach 10 posts, come back (if you don't forget) and edit the link with adding the "http://www."
Hope you understand me :)

Pedro Nogueira1

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
this ROM dont have CSC ATO, you need the ROM I8750XXCMJ1_I8750OXACMJ1 (CSC = ATO, BTU, DBT, ITV, XEF, XEO) firmware version 2424.13.10.1 GDR3.
try shearch in google.

Marco Arrichiello

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry guys, if I ask for this, but make me understand: from posts seems to be available a fixed non official 8.1 update for Ativ S, right?
Why Samsung didn't put it on regular Update screen?

What are CSC, ATO and other acronyms? How can I know what I have?

Boris NevermorE

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Sorry guys, if I ask for this, but make me understand: from posts seems to be available a fixed non official 8.1 update for Ativ S, right?
Why Samsung didn't put it on regular Update screen?

What are CSC, ATO and other acronyms? How can I know what I have?
Well, if you did followed this thread, so far you would know the answers to all of this questions you have, cuz each was answered numerous times in this thread. So, since i don't want to be criticized from someones here for telling people to actually first read then ask questions, i will answer you :)
What we are talking in the last 6-7 pages is OFFICIAL Samsung firmware for WP8.1.1, but for unknown reasons only the phones having or running on ATO CSC are getting it, so this is actually kind of a workaround. This is official firmware (update) since it's going over OTA (Over The Air), and that can be released ONLY from Samsung.
On your question Why Samsung didn't put this on regular Update Screen ... Well, so far from what i know Samsung was never telling the news that they have new firmware, they just roll the update out. It's not like on Nokias.
But if you mean by that also why is not this on Update Screen on the phone, that's because like i said above, only phones with ATO CSC are getting it by now. So what you read here is people try to flash ATO CSC on their phones so they can be able to get the newest Samsung firmware 8.1.1. People who already run on ATO or have ATO in their CSC list, doesn't have to do nothing, they can only switch to ATO and they'll get the firmware.
Mind that this is NOT a firmware for people running Windows Phone 8.1.1 Preview for Developers. People with that usually downgrade to WP8 GDR1, 2 or 3 and then get the official Samsung 8.1.1 firmware.
CSC or short for Country Specific Code, where ATO, NEE, DBT, etc are names of the country specific code. :)
Hope that clears you a bit, for other things just use Google, it's very easy :)

Luis_Oliveira

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If someome wanna try, I used the SamWP8 Tools to change the CSC to ATO without doing a reset. But only works if your ATIV S is interop-unlocked (and in the GDR2)

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Just asked Samsung about when the firmware is rolling out to others, NZ in particular, they reckon 3 weeks. They were right before with 8.1.1 starting about when they said it would.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Lol, you can get it now just by switching CSC to ATO. Hard reset is indeed needed after you install 8.1 as it runs much better after one. I tried update without hard reset, and with hard reset and i must say that hard resetting is the right thing to do :D. NOTE: Be sure to backup everything in your phone memory!!

PaulMilbank

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but quite a lot of people don't have ATO on their phones. It becomes a lot bigger decision when you have to use a driver, tool and rom downloaded from the internet to flash a new firmware onto your phone. I did it, but I am used to flashing Android. A lot of people are not and even delving into hidden menu's to change CSC is a lot. No shame in waiting a while longer. It is a good update and should be released worldwide soon.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but quite a lot of people don't have ATO on their phones. It becomes a lot bigger decision when you have to use a driver, tool and rom downloaded from the internet to flash a new firmware onto your phone. I did it, but I am used to flashing Android. A lot of people are not and even delving into hidden menu's to change CSC is a lot. No shame in waiting a while longer. It is a good update and should be released worldwide soon.

Exactly what I'm thinking and, like you, I flash custom ROMs on my old Android device. When you consider that my ATIV S was part bricked by the flash memory partition bug that the GDR3 DP had I'm just not willing to risk it.

Oversoul7

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Exactly what I'm thinking and, like you, I flash custom ROMs on my old Android device. When you consider that my ATIV S was part bricked by the flash memory partition bug that the GDR3 DP had I'm just not willing to risk it.

Yikes, neo! So the bug completely destroyed the phone? Or was it reversible bricking?

Geo L

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If someome wanna try, I used the SamWP8 Tools to change the CSC to ATO without doing a reset. But only works if your ATIV S is interop-unlocked (and in the GDR2)
I confirm that the Ativ S with interop-unlocked the CSC can be change to any without reset.
Btw, the battery is draining faster under final WP 8.1 compared with DP using it the same in both cases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon