Windows 10 for the Ativ S owners?

lostmsu

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
I am on 14393.321 (posing as Lumia 640 XL)
One of the brightness modes makes screen completely black, which is almost impossible to fix without hard reset, so don't change brightness on this build.
For some reason, I am not receiving any suggestions to update any further (Wikipedia claims latest build is .576). Has anyone got it?

Exotic Hadron

May 19, 2013
Visit site
I have 10.0.14393.576 on Lumia 950 XL and Lumia 650 DS. This is RS1 main branch.

Also, on ATIV S I have the latest 10.0.14393.594. This is Release Preview branch for RS1.

/* Off-topic here
BTW, Lumia 650 runs surprisingly smoother than ATIV S albeit having similar hardware. That said, I must warn everyone wanting to get Lumia 650 that this phone doesn't cut it if one could say so. It's slow. Okay for simple WhatsApp chats, calls and text messaging but that's pretty much all to it. The test is quite simple: enable Continuum on Lumia 650 using iutool and... you'll find out that Lumia 650 cant handle videos in 1920x1080@60Hz. Very sluggish. Lumia 950 XL handles videos in a snap.

Based on my experience, I can say that ATIV S was a fantastic phone. Probably the best phone in Windows Phone history. Sad that Samsung decided to drop with Windows.*/

Last edited:

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Just updated to the latest 15007 build

The phone keep reboot after a while into system and the lag is there through the UI

For those fast ring user, keep away from this build for now

------update------
This build is crazy, I have a Samsung ATIV S hacked as Lumia 640, never have any problem in fast ring from 10536 till this. After 15007 it just hangs in main screen/app list and keep reboot. Then I thought ok I'll give it a reset then the joke comes to another level. I logged in my MS account during initiation step yet there no account linkage to store or update nor there's any backup restore option I can recover from. Trying to manually log in it says he'd other app for the job then bring me to the store yet leading to useless search result. This is totally hopeless

------update 2------
Had to roll back all the way to 8.1 gdr2 then coming back to win 10 mobile. Using fast ring to 14393.67 yet failed to update to 15007, tried few times the download just stuck in somewhere so I give up and stay back to release ring for time being. Wait and see what happens, still amazed (?) by how loose the Windows 10 mobile seems to be composed. Core functions can be missing during OTA installation is really hard to image yet its not the first time happened to me during my windows 10 mobile insider periods.....

The auto brightness is still dead but at least the proximity sensor is not being activated all the time. The "full black" issue of manual brightness trigger is still there.

Last edited:

Dave Velo

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm at 14393.693. My phone's function seems more livelier with this update. Cortana doesn't appear to be going deaf anymore. Still have to type in APN if phone is rebooted.

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone successfully update to 10514 from 14393?

After roll back to 14393 I've seen 1514 yet it take forever to download (and everytime reboot the phone it start from 0%!!!!!) and even it reach 100% it won't show the "restart" button....Same slow download happens during store updating all my apps.....just very slow and timeout error all over the place :(

Moreover, my Wi-Fi AP set the auto-reboot at 4AM everyday. I found that after reboot my phone turn off Wi-Fi automatically and couldn't turn it on unless reboot the phone.....

I missed my 14977 build.....

--updated--
I did another reset and roll back but still I can only reach 14393.67 no matter I mod as Lumia 640 or 830. I kept saw new builds there but the download just never finish, never came to the restart button. I've changed to different rings and it still the same....

I'm going to mod into 950 and see what happens to me, really anyone had their ativ s to any build newer than 14977? Please let me know how you mod your phone :)

Last edited:

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi! I have a problem with my ativ s. When I change the display zoom all third party apps for the camera don't work. Even when I reinstall them. Only the microsoft camera app still works... I'm in build 14393.693
I have installed the spavlin rom and this happens too. By the way, this happened because in the spavlin rom the phone rebooted and changed the zoom (I don't know how). Then I tried to change the zoom in original rom and happened the same thing.
The only way to solve is doing a reset (I only tried the hard reset) and the phone comes to normal.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello, anybody managed to get the feature2 update 15254? It turns to be quite tricky at least In my case.
So, if I use RootTool to change the registry with lumia 650's values, I see the update but it immediately stops with the error 80070273. There should be a fix for this by editing the OEMinput.xml file, as described here
. Well, this is in the protected folder \Windows\imageupdate, that's where I get stuck, because I did not find any app capable of a full file access on the ativ s with windows 10 mobile. I am on 15063 by the way.
This is a curious challenge for enthusiasts I think. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

dan16

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for your work Spavlin. Before I decide to eventually flash the device, I'd like to know if there is a faster tool I can install to access forbidden folders, just like Interop tools for lumia. I will look for it more deeply. Moreover, I see from your files that a new NFC bug would come along with feature2 update. Does it depend on Microsoft changes? I don't remember NFC in the changelog...

bokkiej

Apr 28, 2016
Visit site
Temporarily back on my Ativ S (sgh-t899m) on an old win10 build sinds my Nexus 5x is broken. Camera doesn't focus but overall little problems. Is it smart to jump to a new version or am I gonna open a whole can of worms?

rmcbarreto

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Temporarily back on my Ativ S (sgh-t899m) on an old win10 build sinds my Nexus 5x is broken. Camera doesn't focus but overall little problems. Is it smart to jump to a new version or am I gonna open a whole can of worms?

I'm using my Samsung Ativ S with the last windows 10 build. To get the focus work I use the Camera360 app. For now I have everything working. The phone speed I think it's the same. However I think it's more unstable than before the fall creators update. The facebook messenger app is stubborn and only after 2, 3 times it keeps open. This happens in other apps that are not optimized.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes