Initial Impressions

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
have read some user reviews of the Ativ SE online and most say that the similarity in look and feel to the galaxy series made it much more comfortable to switch to windows phone. I find this interesting because it looks like even the "use nokia or go home" faction may have to admit that the SE will help windows phone, not hurt it.

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hey el_mono70, thanks for confirming the mms thing (I figured as much but wanted to see if you had found a way). I would have to say that picture taking is about on par with the S4/Note3 (I have both). As to the thought about the SE being a repurposed S4..(chassis is the only thing I am comparing with the S4) I feel that chassis wise there is much more in common with the S4 Active than the regular S4 but the SE is a tad thinner. FYI my S4 Active case fit very well except for the difference in thickness most of the main function & sensor locations line up the same. I hope Samsung does well with the SE and adds more carriers to the SE family.

Cheers
BR

Hi there brau0303,

I noticed you have the Galaxy S4 and I was wondering how the screen dimensions lined up with that of the ATIV SE. I ask because I want to make sure I get a quality screen protector for the ATIV SE before I get it and I'm curious if the protectors for S4 will fit the screen dimensions of the ATIV SE.

Any and all info is truly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi there brau0303,

I noticed you have the Galaxy S4 and I was wondering how the screen dimensions lined up with that of the ATIV SE. I ask because I want to make sure I get a quality screen protector for the ATIV SE before I get it and I'm curious if the protectors for S4 will fit the screen dimensions of the ATIV SE.

Any and all info is truly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

I have owned both and still had some protectors left o er from my s4. I tried one yesterday (iSmooth), and it was definitely not as good a fit as the stock Verizon (Ativ SE) protector. It looked as if the s4 protector was lacking a little on the top corners...looked a little shorter than the Ativ protector. Just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-W750V using Tapatalk

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I have owned both and still had some protectors left o er from my s4. I tried one yesterday (iSmooth), and it was definitely not as good a fit as the stock Verizon (Ativ SE) protector. It looked as if the s4 protector was lacking a little on the top corners...looked a little shorter than the Ativ protector. Just my two cents.

Thanks admorris! Much appreciated. I really want to get one of those tempered glass protectors as I felt the screen wasn't as smooth as the Icon and a Verizon rep said those glass ones help give a similar experience.

I kind of dont care about the top corners if its just a bit and it doesn't cover the sensors, ear speaker and fits around the button ok. Did you put the the Verizon stock protector on your ATIV SE? How is it? Is it smooth? Ultra Clear or matte?

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
the shape is much closer to the S4 Active, the regular S4 has a slightly different shape than the active, it's also thinner than the Active. The SE is thinner than the S4 Active but I think a hair thicker than the regular S4 (Don't have it handy to compare atm) any screen protectors for the Reg S4 will be off on the shape and the smaller home button, any screen protector for the S4 Active will be closer in shape but likely has a larger cut out for the three physical buttons instead of the one home button. Hopes this helps.

Cheers
BR

PuckCowboy

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
the shape is much closer to the S4 Active, the regular S4 has a slightly different shape than the active, it's also thinner than the Active. The SE is thinner than the S4 Active but I think a hair thicker than the regular S4 (Don't have it handy to compare atm) any screen protectors for the Reg S4 will be off on the shape and the smaller home button, any screen protector for the S4 Active will be closer in shape but likely has a larger cut out for the three physical buttons instead of the one home button. Hopes this helps.

Cheers
BR

Thank you BR! Also, final question.... you mentioned getting the Verizon version of the ATIV SE screen protector and its a better fit. How does it feel compared to the glass? Is it an ultra clear or anti-glare?

brau0303

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Happy to help, I was not the one talking about a specific screen protector (I went with a hybrid case from VZN that had a built in protector ant I don't really like the protector) I usually don't rock a protector (I do like the glass ones but they have their own set of issues case compatibility being the main one) I do like non glare protectors and if I was looking for one that's what I would try to find, sorry I do not have any recommendation at this time. If anyone finds something they really like please share, I would be interested in what you find.

Cheers
BR

Thank you BR! Also, final question.... you mentioned getting the Verizon version of the ATIV SE screen protector and its a better fit. How does it feel compared to the glass? Is it an ultra clear or anti-glare?

admorris#AC

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site

The Verizon protectors feel real good as far as I'm concerned. I normally hate their protectors, but these are top notch...3 for $12.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes